Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Upgrade and W2k Cluster

Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Upgrade and W2k Cluster

Post by le.. » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:50:22

I have clustering going on W2K.  I've installed Exchange 5, which
doesn't cluster.  When I go to upgrade to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise, it
says I already have Exchange installed and then quits (actually,
uninstalled Exchange 5).  When I go to install 5.5 Enterprise upgrade,
it wants the previous version (5) installed.  Help...

Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Upgrade and W2k Cluster

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:59:36

If you've installed 5.5 standard onto a clustered W2K box
then the safest thing to do is to reformat the box and
start again, then install Enterprise.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have clustering going on W2K.  I've installed Exchange
5, which
>doesn't cluster.  When I go to upgrade to Exchange 5.5
Enterprise, it
>says I already have Exchange installed and then quits
(actually,
>uninstalled Exchange 5).  When I go to install 5.5
Enterprise upgrade,
>it wants the previous version (5) installed.  Help...
>.

1. W2K Exchange 5.5 upgrade to W2K Exchange 2K

We have an Windows 2000 Network and the Active Directory controller is also
the same machine that we currently use for our Exchange 5.5 installation.

This one machine is the domain controller (Whatever it is truly called in
Windows 2000) and it also is our Exchange 5.5 box.

We need to upgrade to Exchange 2K.

What is the best way to do it?

Can can we simply just upgrade the installation on the one server or should
we build a new server and migrate the Exchange 5.5 accounts onto that
machine?

Any problems having exchange 2k on the main domain controller which is
running Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc...(Typical Network Server)?

Thanks in advance

2. HTTP email

3. Moving Exchange 5.5 to an Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Server on an NT4 Cluster

4. CEmail for windows

5. Trade full version ES 5.0 Enterprise w/50 CALS for upgrade to 5.5 Enterprise

6. How to update distribution Lists from Outlook?

7. mailbox

8. Upgrade Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise

9. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on Win2K

10. Upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Enterprise 5.5?

11. Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition Upgrade

12. UPGRADE FROM EXCHANGE 5.5 SINGLE TO EXCHANGE 5.5 ENTERPRISE