Email Forwarding

Post by David Ponde » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Pardon for the newbie type question, but my experience with exchange is
minimal and I couldnt find anything documenting how to do this.

What I would like to do is setup an entry that will forward email that is
received for a specific user to a different SMTP address. THe user has left
the company and would like their mail forwarded to their personal address.
How can I do this? I'm Exchange 5.5

THanks

Email Forwarding

Post by Roger 200 » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

David,

This question gets asked a lot.  I'm sure that it is answered in the post
sill on this newsgroup.

But the trick is, you have to setup a Custom Recipient, point that to the
address you want the e-mail forwarded to.
Then go the the Recipient that you want to forward and on the Deliver
Options Tab.

Now I know why people just answer that question with it's in the FAQ.

Roger

>Pardon for the newbie type question, but my experience with exchange is
>minimal and I couldnt find anything documenting how to do this.

>What I would like to do is setup an entry that will forward email that is
>received for a specific user to a different SMTP address. THe user has left
>the company and would like their mail forwarded to their personal address.
>How can I do this? I'm Exchange 5.5

>THanks

1. Sending email using OWA and email forwarding

I'm running exchange 5.5 SP2 and OWA.  Whenever a user tries to send email
outside our company using OWA - the email immediately gets returned with an
NDR.  If they use an email client i.e., Outlook Express, Outlook, etc. they
can send email to anyone outside the company just fine.  There are no
restrictions set on any accounts.

Also, I'm having trouble forwarding email.  I have created custom recipients

added the custom recipient to the forwarding option on the recipients
delivery options area and had it send a copy to both.  In otherwords

immediately returned with an NDR.  If I send an email to

tried creating rules in Outlook with the exact same result.

Help please on either problem.  I think they may be related.  Below is a
typical return report for both problems
Your message