Add another site

Post by David Jone » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good whitepaper/help for the
following.

We have a 5.5 server with most of it's users in a different physical
site.  They access the server via a slow link.

We want to add a new 'site' to the organization so they don't have to
waste bandwith across the link to access their mail.

I need to read up on this subject before attempting it.

Thanks,

Dave

1. New Site vs. Add to site

Forgive me, I know this is a rudimentary question, but I just not clear on
the answer. When installing Exchange Server, you have the option of creating
a new site or adding it to an existing site. I figure the new site will
stand by itself having nothing to do with any other Exchange site, but what
if I add the site to an existing site. What will that enable me to do?

I know send me back to basics 101, but thanks for indulging me. I'm fairly
new to Exchange Server.

Ken

2. move 5.5 to new machine, same name

3. Adding second site combining Recipients

4. Connecting POP3 client through NTLM

5. adding another site?

6. Join an existing Exchange 5.5 Organization

7. Add new Site .com

8. Reply addresses over Notes connector

9. adding new site/recipient to ours?

10. Adding additional site to Exchange 2000 server

11. Adding a site

12. After adding new site , I see nothing but the configuration icon

13. Adding multiple sites