Site Services Account

Site Services Account

Post by Paul Murph » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 02:18:53



Hi,
When setting up Exchange 5.5 - "Site Services Account"
What do most people do- pick the domain administrator account or create a
new user account called exchadmin.
I would choose create a new acount keeping it totallt seperate - jusat
wondered what everyone else does.

BTW: I am pretty new to exchange

TIA

Michael

 
 
 

Site Services Account

Post by David Strom » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:41:51


Create a new account, keep the password heavily protected.


Quote:> Hi,
> When setting up Exchange 5.5 - "Site Services Account"
> What do most people do- pick the domain administrator account or create a
> new user account called exchadmin.
> I would choose create a new acount keeping it totallt seperate - jusat
> wondered what everyone else does.

> BTW: I am pretty new to exchange

> TIA

> Michael


 
 
 

Site Services Account

Post by Gareth Saunder » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:01:07


All depends on yourself. I personally use the
administrators account, as it's the easiest and I don't
have to create new accounts. However, it's a matter of
preference
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>When setting up Exchange 5.5 - "Site Services Account"
>What do most people do- pick the domain administrator
account or create a
>new user account called exchadmin.
>I would choose create a new acount keeping it totallt
seperate - jusat
>wondered what everyone else does.

>BTW: I am pretty new to exchange

>TIA

>Michael

>.

 
 
 

Site Services Account

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:13:06


    I would recommend against that.  If someone were to successfully hack
the Exchange service account in that case, they would then have access to
the ENTIRE DOMAIN, since they would be logged on as the domain Administrator
account.  By using an account created specifically and exclusively for that
purpose, you minimize the access that the hacker has.  I also strongly
recommend creating specific accounts for every service that requires a user
account.


Quote:> All depends on yourself. I personally use the
> administrators account, as it's the easiest and I don't
> have to create new accounts. However, it's a matter of
> preference
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi,
> >When setting up Exchange 5.5 - "Site Services Account"
> >What do most people do- pick the domain administrator
> account or create a
> >new user account called exchadmin.
> >I would choose create a new acount keeping it totallt
> seperate - jusat
> >wondered what everyone else does.

> >BTW: I am pretty new to exchange

> >TIA

> >Michael

> >.

 
 
 

Site Services Account

Post by Az S » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:34:11


If I setup Exchange 5.5 in a member server, Can I create site service
account locally in the member server and assign it to local adminstrator
privilege?  Does this work?

Thanks,
~Az SH


>     I would recommend against that.  If someone were to successfully hack
> the Exchange service account in that case, they would then have access to
> the ENTIRE DOMAIN, since they would be logged on as the domain
Administrator
> account.  By using an account created specifically and exclusively for
that
> purpose, you minimize the access that the hacker has.  I also strongly
> recommend creating specific accounts for every service that requires a
user
> account.



> > All depends on yourself. I personally use the
> > administrators account, as it's the easiest and I don't
> > have to create new accounts. However, it's a matter of
> > preference
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >Hi,
> > >When setting up Exchange 5.5 - "Site Services Account"
> > >What do most people do- pick the domain administrator
> > account or create a
> > >new user account called exchadmin.
> > >I would choose create a new acount keeping it totallt
> > seperate - jusat
> > >wondered what everyone else does.

> > >BTW: I am pretty new to exchange

> > >TIA

> > >Michael

> > >.