Mail Messages

Post by Karl-Heinz Schul » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Where does Exchange store in and outgoing mail.
I have the problem that some mail messages create an error (can't convert to
a RFC-822 format).
I know the user but it is not very clear which email messages belong to the
user.

Thank you.

Mail Messages

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Messages are stored for all users in the priv.edb, a database file. You can not get to these messages.

The user should be getting an NDR which will return the message to them. You should not have to guess. Additionally if you turn up diagnostics you will know which messages they are.

--
___________________________
Wesley H. Peace III

Microsoft Exchange/BackOffice MVP

Exchange FAQ at  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> Where does Exchange store in and outgoing mail.
> I have the problem that some mail messages create an error (can't convert to
> a RFC-822 format).
> I know the user but it is not very clear which email messages belong to the
> user.

> Thank you.

1. Company Wide Disclaimer Message on every E-mail message

Greetings,
                 I was wondering if anyone has ever installed a disclaimer
message on every e-mail. Were trying to establish a "custom signature" to go
out on every e-mail company wide. We don't know how to do this. Any
suggestions???
Thanks in advance.

-Eric

2. Queued Message Notification

3. Mail message not modified when message is too big

4. Publish PF as newsgroup

5. Corrupted E-mail Messages

6. OWA will not display message content

7. e-mails messages does not reach to the destination

8. Exchange 5.5 DNS Problem

9. Error when opening re:fw: mail messages

10. Contacts appear as Mail messages

11. Scan User Mailboxes for mail message

12. E-Mail Messages Held in the Queue