Installing Exchange on Child Domain

Post by Eric Laecheli » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:27:46

Hi everyone. I've been pulling my hair out over this and it's probably
something simple. Here's the setup.
Windows 2000 Servers and Exchange 2000
DNS Server as Primary Domain(domain.com)  and Exchange Server 2000 as Child
domain(mail.domain.com)

I cannot install Exchange on the child domain. It comes up and says that i
Need FUll Exchange Administrative rights. How exactly am i supposed to set
up exchange in a child domain. ??????
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Eric Laechelin
irs-aims

Installing Exchange on Child Domain

Post by Rene Alam » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 05:45:48

You will need to first run /ForestPrep in the root Domain.
Ensure this account has Schema & Enterprise Admin rights.
Once this is completed, run /Domainprep in the Child Domain then install E2K
in the Child domain.

-Rene Alamo, MCSE
Consultant

Quote:> Hi everyone. I've been pulling my hair out over this and it's probably
> something simple. Here's the setup.
> Windows 2000 Servers and Exchange 2000
> DNS Server as Primary Domain(domain.com)  and Exchange Server 2000 as
Child
> domain(mail.domain.com)

> I cannot install Exchange on the child domain. It comes up and says that i
> Need FUll Exchange Administrative rights. How exactly am i supposed to set
> up exchange in a child domain. ??????
> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
> Eric Laechelin
> irs-aims

Installing Exchange on Child Domain

Post by wvw » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 01:10:18

I think, you can just run ur e2k directly from ur child domain,but make sure
it is the DC. when they promt you about the permission problem, you will
need to go back to ur domain where u had install your first exch server, and
delegrate the permission to the administrator in the child domain as a Full
Exch Adm roles, then you will be able to install it.
wvw

> You will need to first run /ForestPrep in the root Domain.
> Ensure this account has Schema & Enterprise Admin rights.
> Once this is completed, run /Domainprep in the Child Domain then install
E2K
> in the Child domain.

> -Rene Alamo, MCSE
> Consultant

> > Hi everyone. I've been pulling my hair out over this and it's probably
> > something simple. Here's the setup.
> > Windows 2000 Servers and Exchange 2000
> > DNS Server as Primary Domain(domain.com)  and Exchange Server 2000 as
> Child
> > domain(mail.domain.com)

> > I cannot install Exchange on the child domain. It comes up and says that
> > Need FUll Exchange Administrative rights. How exactly am i supposed to
set
> > up exchange in a child domain. ??????
> > Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
> > Eric Laechelin
> > irs-aims

1. Can I install Exchange in Child Domain ? (I had Problems!)

Dear All,

I have been trying to install Exchange 2000 in a test environment that
consists of two domains.
The Exchange Server is to be installed in the child domain. I ran ForestPrep
and DomainPrep
but strangely I never got prompted for the Recieptant Update Server. Do not
know why.

Anyway I could not install Exchange in my child domain, and the
documentation stated that
the first installation should reside in the domain where the schema master
resided. I did a
install in the top level domain and that worked and I was able to create
mailboxes for users
in the top level domain, but not in the child domain. No error messages were
displayed, but
they they were created, except no default email addresses were created like
the ones
in the top-level domain. How long should one wait for the Email addresses to
be created. I
noticed that the mailboxes do not seem to get created until you use them for
the first time
in Outlook.

Anyway that situation was not acceptable, so I have removed exchange, remove
active directory
from everywhere and moved the schema master to the DC in the child domain.
This is what I plan
to do and I was wondering if something could confirm if it is correct.

1) Create a ExchangeAdmin account that has
DomainAdmins,SchemaAdmins,EnterpriseAdmins
and Local Admin permissions

2) Logon as that user and run ForestPrep and DomainPrep

3) Install Exchange2000 in child domain.

Thanks advance for any help any of you are able to give.

Kindest Regards
Chris

2. Clean up #2: Internet mail service account

3. Exchange messaging and collaboration install fails in child domain

4. Reinstalling Exchange Server

5. Help installing exchange 2000 in child domain

6. Delay problem

7. Installing Exchange in a child domain

8. Multiple OWA problems, troubleshooting guide does not help

9. Child Domain install question.

10. exch 2000 server installed in child domain, smtp not working

11. Install E2K in a child domain

12. Install E2K on a DC of child domain

13. Installing new MSX2000 on child domain