Exchange 5.5 Setup Problems joining an existing site

Exchange 5.5 Setup Problems joining an existing site

Post by CK » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:49:58

I am trying to install Exchange 5.5 on a W2K server, and
receive the following error messages during the
replication phase of the Setup process:

A connection could not be made to the remote directory
service, possibly due to a network failure. Be sure both
directory services are running and that your network is
available and running and then try again.

Microsoft Exchange Setup Error: c1030b11.

I am able to ping both IP address and host names from
both servers, and I have added entries in the local HOST
file for both servers.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Exchange 5.5 Setup Problems joining an existing site

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:07:52

Hi CK,

Try all the troubleshooting in this article

159485 XADM: Troubleshooting Setup Problems Joining an Existing Site
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=159485

Be sure your Exchange services are started on the server in the target site.
I have also seen this occur when the service acccount password has been
changed.

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> I am trying to install Exchange 5.5 on a W2K server, and
> receive the following error messages during the
> replication phase of the Setup process:

> A connection could not be made to the remote directory
> service, possibly due to a network failure. Be sure both
> directory services are running and that your network is
> available and running and then try again.

> Microsoft Exchange Setup Error: c1030b11.

> I am able to ping both IP address and host names from
> both servers, and I have added entries in the local HOST
> file for both servers.

> Any ideas how to get around this?

1. Setup problem joining an existing site: ID no c1030b11

I'm also experiencing setup problems with Exchange Server 5.5.  During the
install and configuration on a new server, the following message occurs:

"A connection could not be made to the remote directory service, possibly
due to  network failure.  Be sure that both directory services are running
and that your network is available, and then try connecting again.
Microsoft Exchange Server setup ID no:c1030b11"

Network Setup:
*Servers; Compaq Proliant, Dual Pentium 200 w/Windows NT 4.0 sp3
*Site Server; Exchange Server 5.0 sp1, same DOMAIN
*No router between Servers, same Switch Segment
*Protocols; TCP/IP only
*Topology; Fast Ethernet 100/mb 3COM 3C905 NIC's

Your prompt attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

2. Email going to News Server

3. Setup Problems joining an existing site

4. public folder mail handling rules

5. Setup problems joining an existing site.

6. Outlook 2002 automatically creates Personal Folders

7. Problems installing Exchange 5.5/Joining existing site

8. Offline exchange 2k server

9. Setting up Exchange 5.5 to join an existing 5.5 site

10. setting up Exchange 5.5 to join an existing 5.5 site

11. Reinstall Exchange 2000 and join him into existing Site on Exchange 5.5

12. Setup can not complete while join an existing site