Setup of Exchange Server Client on SQL server to send email through our Exchange server

Setup of Exchange Server Client on SQL server to send email through our Exchange server

Post by Rob Dav » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:36:03

Setup:
Domain has exchange server.
Domain also has SQL server.
Two different boxes, in the same domain.

We need the SQL server to be able to send emails (through triggers) to the
Exchange server by using the "Exchange server client" through Windows
Messaging.

We don't want to install Office or Outlook as we don't have another license,
and POP/SMTP is not an option.

Basically my question(s) are:
When you do a fresh install of NT4 server, should it not have the Exchange
server client as a service by default?  If not, how does one load it?

I have tried using "have disk..." and pointing it to the Exchange server CD,
the NT server CD, and even the Outlook CD in a failed attempt to simply get
the client to use with Windows Messaging, but no luck.

Somehow, I managed to stumble my way through the last server we had and have
it come up with Exchange Server Client as a service in Windows Messaging,
but this new server does not have it as an option in the services tab.  Any
ideas?

I have tried:
Uninstalling/Installing Windows Messaging from Add/Remove programs
Using "Have Disk..." in the services dialog box and searched on the Exchange
server CD, NT 4 Server CD, and the Office 2000 CD.

TIA,
Rob

Setup of Exchange Server Client on SQL server to send email through our Exchange server

Post by Rob Dav » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:38:03

When I state that it should be a "service" I mean that it should show up in
the services tab in the Windows Messaging client that is installed by
default on the server.  The other options being Internet Mail and MS Mail.

Just for clarification.
Rob

Quote:> Setup:
> Domain has exchange server.
> Domain also has SQL server.
> Two different boxes, in the same domain.

> We need the SQL server to be able to send emails (through triggers) to the
> Exchange server by using the "Exchange server client" through Windows
> Messaging.

> We don't want to install Office or Outlook as we don't have another
license,
> and POP/SMTP is not an option.

> Basically my question(s) are:
> When you do a fresh install of NT4 server, should it not have the Exchange
> server client as a service by default?  If not, how does one load it?

> I have tried using "have disk..." and pointing it to the Exchange server
CD,
> the NT server CD, and even the Outlook CD in a failed attempt to simply
get
> the client to use with Windows Messaging, but no luck.

> Somehow, I managed to stumble my way through the last server we had and
have
> it come up with Exchange Server Client as a service in Windows Messaging,
> but this new server does not have it as an option in the services tab.
Any
> ideas?

> I have tried:
> Uninstalling/Installing Windows Messaging from Add/Remove programs
> Using "Have Disk..." in the services dialog box and searched on the
Exchange
> server CD, NT 4 Server CD, and the Office 2000 CD.

> TIA,
> Rob

1. Accessing Exchange Store in SQL Server w/VB client

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to pull data from an Exchange
Server store and perform queries on it from SQL Server.  The client will
need to query various data from the Exchange to generate reports, etc.  What
I would like to avoid, if at all possible, is writing a server that will
interface with Exchange store directly and handle client requests.  I am
aware that there is such a driver for Access, but it is not possible to
upsize the live link to SQL Server.  I cannot simply import the data into
Access and upsize it to SQL Server because I want to avoid continually
reimporting the Exchange store to Access and then to SQL Server, after
modifications occur.

All help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

Eric V. Horne

2. Recieving mail internet **Please Help**

3. Send Exchange Information from SQL Server

4. Migrate to Exch 5.5 from inbox.msmail

5. Exchange and Windows XP

6. otherTelephoneNumber

7. Setup Exchange client as a services in MS-SQL

8. HTML formatted emails Using SQL Mail via Exchange 5.5 SP3 mail server

9. MS Mail3.5 Server and Exchange 4 Client to Exchange Client 5 and Server 5 Migration

10. Import EMail data from Exchange to SQL Server

11. SQL Server with Exchange for Emails