Can thsi be done? RE: Migration Wiz

Post by Bill Chaffi » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

An old GroupWise 4.1 system never had the naming scheme the customer now
wants and account names can't be renamed in GroupWise.

I'm doing a direct cut-over from a small GroupWise 4.1 system to Exchange
5.5. I have the Microsoft Migration Wizard for GroupWise working. On the
GroupWise side an account may have a name like "JD". The Wizard creates a
"JD" exchange account and brings over the GroupWise messages. Wonderful, not
really....

Problem is I don't want the wizard to create a "JD" account on exchange, but
I want it to place the messages to an account that already exist on the
exchange server named "JohnDoe".  I'm looking for a way to map a GroupWise
account name to a different existing exchange account name?

Can I do this? Thanks. Bill Chaffin

1. Unable to login to 5.5 Admin account using Migration Wiz

We have an Exchange 2000 server (latest serivce packs
applied).   We also have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server
running on NT 4.0 SP6a.     This is our production server.
It is in a separate domain from the Exchange 2000 server.

We are tring to run the Migration Wizard from the
Exchange 2000 server.  We get an error in the event log,
see below:

Event ID 7048.
Description Could not log onto the Message Store for
Account 'Microsoft System Attendant' on Server 'server-
name'.

The Exchange 5.5 admin account is administrator.  This
was working a few weeks ago.  Since then the Exfchange
5.5 server had to be rebuilt.

.

2. e-mail blocker for exchange 5.5

3. Booking system for conference rooms, parking lots and other resources!

4. Migration Wiz - Unable to login to 5.5 Admin account using

5. Anonymous mailbox

6. SP1 Migration Wiz. Containers

7. Postmaster Account

8. Dynamic CDO profiles: What am I doing wrong?

9. Am I doing this right?

10. Am I doing enough?

11. Permissions - Am I doing this right?

12. What am I doing wrong?