Exchange 2003 Eval Download version is corrupt do not download from Microsoft

Exchange 2003 Eval Download version is corrupt do not download from Microsoft

Post by Sarah Jan » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:59:41

Downloaded the eval file E3SEVAENGRC.EXE 2 times now both times i tried to
install (once on win server 2000 and once on server 2003 eval) each time the
install prompts for missing files, all *.xml.

Typical microsoft cant have tested the damn download.

grrrr

Exchange 2003 Eval Download version is corrupt do not download from Microsoft

Post by Shane Ferrell [MS » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:54:17

Your E3SEVAENGRC.EXE (and E3EEVAENGRC.EXE) should have expanded to 6443
Files, 415 of them should have been XML files. Did you check that your virus
scanner is not messing the download up?

Do you know if setup is compaining about Exchange files or Windows files?

Shane Ferrell

Microsoft Exchange Tester

DISCLAIMER:

Quote:> Downloaded the eval file E3SEVAENGRC.EXE 2 times now both times i tried to
> install (once on win server 2000 and once on server 2003 eval) each time
the
> install prompts for missing files, all *.xml.

> Typical microsoft cant have tested the damn download.

> grrrr

Exchange 2003 Eval Download version is corrupt do not download from Microsoft

Post by Sarah Jan » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:09:00

Hello Shane

I just checked the CD and there are 6788 total files extracted of which 415
are *.xml. The files that are missing are all exchange files as far as I can
tell.

I downloaded the eval twice just in case it was a corrupt download but still
same problem. Tried installing on both 2000 server and 2003 server eval both
have same error message about missing xml files.

Also the email that you send when we register to download the eval only
contains a link to ONE file E3SEVAENGRC.EXE the other file you mention is
not in the knowledge base ??

hope this helps

Sarah

> Your E3SEVAENGRC.EXE (and E3EEVAENGRC.EXE) should have expanded to 6443
> Files, 415 of them should have been XML files. Did you check that your
virus
> scanner is not messing the download up?

> Do you know if setup is compaining about Exchange files or Windows files?

> Shane Ferrell

> Microsoft Exchange Tester

> DISCLAIMER:

> > Downloaded the eval file E3SEVAENGRC.EXE 2 times now both times i tried
> > install (once on win server 2000 and once on server 2003 eval) each time
> the
> > install prompts for missing files, all *.xml.

> > Typical microsoft cant have tested the damn download.

> > grrrr

Exchange 2003 Eval Download version is corrupt do not download from Microsoft

Post by Shane Ferrell [MS » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:12:10

"Sarah Jane" and I exchanged some files in email and I believe this problem
was do to the CD writing software that they were using.

It looks like the CDwriter is changing "-" to "_"

    CM_EMPTY.GIF (your file)

    CM-EMPTY.GIF (Correct file)

And "." in the name are removed (with the exception of the last one)

    MICROSOFTEXCHANGEOMADATAPRO.DLL (your file)

    MICROSOFT.EXCHANGE.OMA.DATAPROVIDERINTERFACE.DLL (Correct file)

The files on the Web site are valid.

E3SEVAENGRC.EXE  is the Stander Server Version

E3EEVAENGRC.EXE is the Enterprise Server Version

      Shane Ferrell

      Microsoft Exchange Tester

      DISCLAIMER:

rights

> Hello Shane

> I just checked the CD and there are 6788 total files extracted of which
415
> are *.xml. The files that are missing are all exchange files as far as I
can
> tell.

> I downloaded the eval twice just in case it was a corrupt download but
still
> same problem. Tried installing on both 2000 server and 2003 server eval
both
> have same error message about missing xml files.

> Also the email that you send when we register to download the eval only
> contains a link to ONE file E3SEVAENGRC.EXE the other file you mention is
> not in the knowledge base ??

> hope this helps

> Sarah

> > Your E3SEVAENGRC.EXE (and E3EEVAENGRC.EXE) should have expanded to 6443
> > Files, 415 of them should have been XML files. Did you check that your
> virus
> > scanner is not messing the download up?

> > Do you know if setup is compaining about Exchange files or Windows
files?

> > Shane Ferrell

> > Microsoft Exchange Tester

> > DISCLAIMER:

rights

> > > Downloaded the eval file E3SEVAENGRC.EXE 2 times now both times i
tried
> > > install (once on win server 2000 and once on server 2003 eval) each
time
> > the
> > > install prompts for missing files, all *.xml.

> > > Typical microsoft cant have tested the damn download.

> > > grrrr

1. The Exchange SDK March 2003 is now available for download from MSDN

The Exchange SDK March 2003 is now available for download from MSDN. New
items include a Managed Exchange TreeView Control as well as a Microsoft ?
Visual Basic ? .NET Windows Form sample application using the control, a
Notification Sample Application using Visual Basic .NET and the WebDAV
protocol to subscribe to new mail, delete and update events on a public or
mail folder in the Exchange store, and a Move Mailbox Sample Application
using Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) and Active
Directory? Service Interfaces (ADSI) to move a user's mailbox from one
Exchange server to another.

New topics include using WebDAV to create and delete a Contact from the
Exchange Store, information on converting an item's file path to an HTTP URL
in a workflow session script, and a section of Known Issues in the Exchange
SDK Development Tools.  The Exchange Explorer has a new feature for Saving
Property Information to an XML File.

The Application templates have been removed from the Exchange SDK.  More
information about their removal is available from
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5bLN%5d;815362

The updated SDK also includes bug and documentation fixes.  It is available
for download at http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange.

--
Ed Beck
Enterprise Messaging Support

purposes only.

2. New E-mail Address on a mailbox

3. Out of Office doesn't work

4. Exchange 2003 Beta 2 download probs

5. pst files vs. no pst files

6. Exchange 2003 Beta download

7. MASK section of SMTP restriction

8. Exchange 2003 Beta 2 - How to download?

9. exchange 5.5 eval download?

10. NNTP with news.microsoft.com - not downloading posts

11. windows server 2003 download link