Integrating an Exchange 5.5 2k forest with an Exchange 2000 in a 2k forest

Integrating an Exchange 5.5 2k forest with an Exchange 2000 in a 2k forest

Post by Carl McNult » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 20:03:40

We currently have a W2K forest for example called abc.com
which has an Exchange 5.5 SP4 system (which includes 17
servers and 3000 users).

We will be merging with another company that currently as
it's own W2K forest called xyz.com and an Exchange 2000
system (200 users).

What we would like to do is connect both exchange systems
together and give the merged company users (xyz.com)a new
email address of abc.com with all accounts in each others
GAL list.

Is this possible?

If so how?

At a later stage we will be migrating to Exchange 2000 but
that will be later in the year or early next year.

Also at some stage we will be merging this new company
system within our own forest, same again this will be done
at a later stage.

I will be creating an environment similar to this scenario
and I was hoping that someone can give me some pointers on
how to tackle this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Carl

Integrating an Exchange 5.5 2k forest with an Exchange 2000 in a 2k forest

Post by SimpleSyn » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 23:51:38

Carl,
You can do all of what you describe with SimpleSync from CPS Systems.  You
can download the software for evaluation from www.cps-systems.com .  We can
also provide a web based demo using GoToMyPC and cover just what you
describe.
Regards,
Jerry Welch
CPS Systems

Quote:> We currently have a W2K forest for example called abc.com
> which has an Exchange 5.5 SP4 system (which includes 17
> servers and 3000 users).

> We will be merging with another company that currently as
> it's own W2K forest called xyz.com and an Exchange 2000
> system (200 users).

> What we would like to do is connect both exchange systems
> together and give the merged company users (xyz.com)a new
> email address of abc.com with all accounts in each others
> GAL list.

> Is this possible?

> If so how?

> At a later stage we will be migrating to Exchange 2000 but
> that will be later in the year or early next year.

> Also at some stage we will be merging this new company
> system within our own forest, same again this will be done
> at a later stage.

> I will be creating an environment similar to this scenario
> and I was hoping that someone can give me some pointers on
> how to tackle this problem.

> Thanks for your help.

> Carl

1. Exchange 2000 Resource Forest and multiple User Forest / NT4 Dom?nen (Exchange Mixed Mode)

Hi all,

maybe someone here with experience with this environment?
Microsoft said, it isn't a problem. But nowhere some information about the
configuration and troubleshooting. Only an White Paper for dicision is
publishing.
I'm very interested in a knowlegde transfer.

Thanks
Ingrid

2. Help: Problems with SSL (I think)

3. Undeliverable Mail?

4. Too many hops 8 (7 max) ?????

5. Exchange 2000 Service Pack 1

6. Exchange 2K - 5.5 WAN, Multiple Forests and Domains

7. 1 Exchange 2k server and 3AD forests

8. Multiple Exchange 2k sites and AD Forests

9. Exchange 2K and Forests/Trees et al.

10. Multiple Exchange 2K Organizations in one forest?