Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Server & Exchange 2000 IMC Server

Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Server & Exchange 2000 IMC Server

Post by by » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 02:22:14



Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Server & Exchange 2000 IMC Server on NT4 DOMAIN
environment

Dear Exchange Administrators,

Current domain = NT4 Domain controller

Mailbox Server = Exchange Server 5.5 with SP4 installed (Server A) running
on NT4.0 Server OS with SP6a installed
Internet Mail Connector Server = Exchange Server 5.5 with SP4 installed
(Server B) running NT4.0 Server OS with SP6a installed

Because the Exchange of Server B has crashed today. I have been asked to
take up this opportunity to setup a clean WINDOWS 2000 Server and Exchange
2000 Server, so not to recovery Server B as NT4.0 Server OS and Exchange
Server 5.5.

1/ Do you think this is a safe approach that will not cause any complexities
to run mixed Exchange Server environment running on a NT4.0 domain
environment?
2/ Do you think I should recover the box so that I can gracefully delete the
IMC connected while it is on the network?

Thank you.

REgards,
BY

-

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.495 / Virus Database: 294 - Release Date: 30/06/2003

 
 
 

Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Server & Exchange 2000 IMC Server

Post by <thom_.. » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:25:11


First, a system failure is not the time to try and
upgrade. You want everything working as planned so you
can restore that configuration if failures or necessary
implications(like time before users come in). Also, if
you have databases on the IMC server with mail they will
have trouble with Win2k indexing practices. Easy to fix
with a defrag but like i said, dont upgrade in the middle
of a failure, just asking for very costly problems. good
luck
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Server & Exchange 2000 IMC Server
on NT4 DOMAIN
>environment

>Dear Exchange Administrators,

>Current domain = NT4 Domain controller

>Mailbox Server = Exchange Server 5.5 with SP4 installed
(Server A) running
>on NT4.0 Server OS with SP6a installed
>Internet Mail Connector Server = Exchange Server 5.5
with SP4 installed
>(Server B) running NT4.0 Server OS with SP6a installed

>Because the Exchange of Server B has crashed today. I
have been asked to
>take up this opportunity to setup a clean WINDOWS 2000
Server and Exchange
>2000 Server, so not to recovery Server B as NT4.0 Server
OS and Exchange
>Server 5.5.

>1/ Do you think this is a safe approach that will not

cause any complexities
Quote:>to run mixed Exchange Server environment running on a
NT4.0 domain
>environment?
>2/ Do you think I should recover the box so that I can

gracefully delete the

- Show quoted text -

Quote:>IMC connected while it is on the network?

>Thank you.

>REgards,
>BY

>-

>---
>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system

(http://www.grisoft.com).

- Show quoted text -

Quote:>Version: 6.0.495 / Virus Database: 294 - Release Date:
30/06/2003

>.


 
 
 

1. Move IMC from Exchange 5.5 server to 2000 server

We recently installed an Exchange 2000 server in our organization with
the ultimate goal of moving all of our users from the Exchange 5.5
server to the 2000 server.  Currently the old 5.5 server is handling
all of the Internet emails and I'd like to transfer this
responsibility to the 2000 server.   Would it be enough just to have
our ISP point our MX record to the new server or would we also have to
create an SMTP connector on the 2000 server?  In other words, is 2000
smart enough right out of the box to know to deliver messages to users
that still reside on an older 5.5 server in the org?

2. HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Move Mailbox From Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000

4. Exchange/SBS No outbound SMTP

5. Exchange server 5.5 & 2000

6. Work-around to access System Manager tool

7. Exchange 5.5 & Windows 2000 Server

8. Outlook hangs on opening

9. Outlook 2000 & Exchange Server 5.5 Folder Synchronisation

10. Moving Exchange 5.5 Server & OL 2000

11. exchange server 5.5 & 2000

12. Exchange Server 5.5 & Outlook 2000

13. Outlook 2000 & Exchange Server 5.5 Folder Synchronisation