BETA - Exchange 2003

Post by Nancy Grime » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:53:46

Can I delete an Active Directory user without deleting the
mailbox?  Then after recreating the user can I match the
new user container to the original Exchange 2003 mailbox?

BETA - Exchange 2003

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:48:23

Absolutley, just the same as within E2K.
Obviously make sure that the deleted mailbox retention has a period of days
in it.

Quote:> Can I delete an Active Directory user without deleting the
> mailbox?  Then after recreating the user can I match the
> new user container to the original Exchange 2003 mailbox?

BETA - Exchange 2003

Post by Nancy Grime » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:09:56

What is the procedure?  I tried the Mailbox recovery, but
when trying to resolve the conflict, I don't see all my
Active Directory user container in order to match the
mailbox to the AD account????  It's looks like I can only
see the main User container objects and not the whole
directory of users.  What's up?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Absolutley, just the same as within E2K.
>Obviously make sure that the deleted mailbox retention

has a period of days
>in it.

>> Can I delete an Active Directory user without deleting
the
>> mailbox?  Then after recreating the user can I match the
>> new user container to the original Exchange 2003
mailbox?

>.

BETA - Exchange 2003

Post by Martin Tuip [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:41:21

You reconnect the mailbox using the Exchange System Manager. Drill down to
the store and mailboxes without an account 'attached' are red crossed. Right
click and select reconnect.

--------------------------

> What is the procedure?  I tried the Mailbox recovery, but
> when trying to resolve the conflict, I don't see all my
> Active Directory user container in order to match the
> mailbox to the AD account????  It's looks like I can only
> see the main User container objects and not the whole
> directory of users.  What's up?

BETA - Exchange 2003

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:16:54

Thank's Martin. It's proving difficult to monitor followups from  Barcelona.
The damn wireless network is a disgrace this year.

> You reconnect the mailbox using the Exchange System Manager. Drill down to
> the store and mailboxes without an account 'attached' are red crossed.
Right
> click and select reconnect.

> --------------------------

> > What is the procedure?  I tried the Mailbox recovery, but
> > when trying to resolve the conflict, I don't see all my
> > Active Directory user container in order to match the
> > mailbox to the AD account????  It's looks like I can only
> > see the main User container objects and not the whole
> > directory of users.  What's up?

BETA - Exchange 2003

Post by nancy Grime » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:36:34

The mailbox listed directly in the store does not have a
red cross.  I tried to Resolve the conflict in the Mailbox
Recovery but when using the Browse I don't see any of the
user objects besides the ones that reside in the original
Users container. Does it only list the user accounts that
don't have a mailbox associated to them???
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You reconnect the mailbox using the Exchange System

Manager. Drill down to
>the store and mailboxes without an account 'attached' are
red crossed. Right
>click and select reconnect.

>--------------------------

>> What is the procedure?  I tried the Mailbox recovery,
but
>> when trying to resolve the conflict, I don't see all my
>> Active Directory user container in order to match the
>> mailbox to the AD account????  It's looks like I can
only
>> see the main User container objects and not the whole
>> directory of users.  What's up?

BETA - Exchange 2003

Post by Andy David [MVP » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:09:26

Same with Dallas! :)

>Thank's Martin. It's proving difficult to monitor followups from  Barcelona.
>The damn wireless network is a disgrace this year.

>> You reconnect the mailbox using the Exchange System Manager. Drill down to
>> the store and mailboxes without an account 'attached' are red crossed.
>Right
>> click and select reconnect.

>> > What is the procedure?  I tried the Mailbox recovery, but
>> > when trying to resolve the conflict, I don't see all my
>> > Active Directory user container in order to match the
>> > mailbox to the AD account????  It's looks like I can only
>> > see the main User container objects and not the whole
>> > directory of users.  What's up?

BETA - Exchange 2003

Yes.