Queuing mail for another domain

Post by John Sortin » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I have an agreement with a friend of mine to serve as backup e-mail for
his company and vice-versa.

He has setup his MX records with my exchange mail server (IMS SMTP
installed) with a higher priority for delivery to
mine in case his is down.

I am now trying to figure out what I need to configure on my exchange
server to accept and hold mail for his
domain in my queue until his server comes back up.

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

John

Queuing mail for another domain

Post by John Sortin » Wed, 06 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Never mind, I found the option.

For those who may have the same question, You can simply select the
"Connections" tab of the IMS, Add a new Domain, and check the
"Queue messages for ETRN" option.

That did the trick...Don't know how I missed it earlier.

> Hello,

> I have an agreement with a friend of mine to serve as backup e-mail for
> his company and vice-versa.

> He has setup his MX records with my exchange mail server (IMS SMTP
> installed) with a higher priority for delivery to
> mine in case his is down.

> I am now trying to figure out what I need to configure on my exchange
> server to accept and hold mail for his
> domain in my queue until his server comes back up.

> If anyone could help me out with this, it would be appreciated.

> Regards,

> John

1. Internet Mail Queue - Mail does not leave the queue all the time - Seem to get stuck

Exchange server 5.5 SP2 install.

Internet Mail Queue - Mail does not go -  Seem to be stuck in the queue. The
exchange server works fine for internal mail and internet mail most of the
time, then the mail just stops going. You can click on send now and it does
not go. If you disconnect from the ISP and reconnect then click on send now
it goes. The mail messages are not verry large and there would only be 40
messages in the queue.

Any help would be great

Brett Wilks

2. Outlook and Exchange 5.5 calendar and contacts

3. relay problem

4. Mails to certain domains hang in Queue

5. outlook 2k ,exchange 5.5 sp4

6. Mails to certain domains hang in queue

7. port mappin? vpn issue

8. some mails (looks like they're from certain domains) stuck in queue

9. E-mail to certain domain are kept queued...

10. Mail getting queued when sent to another domain

11. Mail getting queued when send to another domain!!!

12. Outbound mail in queue using wrong domain name