Installing KMS on an existing site

Post by Mapi » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 19:18:50

Hi,

I currently have 2 exchange 2000 sp3 servers installed at my site, both
servers are under the same site and servicing the same e-mail domain.

I want to install KMS on these servers..

I have a few question regarding KMS -

1) What are the correct steps that need to be taken in order to install KMS
on existing sites ?
2) After installation does KMS need to be enabled per mailbox or is it
enabled automatically on exchange server ?
3) Can I enable KMS only for certain mailboxes/servers within my site ?
4) When backing up exchange, does the data stays encrypted (on the media) ?
5) Does installing KMS will complicate significantly an exchange disaster
recovery procedure ?
6) Can I assign a key that can be used to decrypt all mails on the exchange
(administrator key) ?
7) How does mail in offline folders (on the client local machine) is handled
when using KMS ?

I realize that there are a lot of questions here....
I will appreciate any link to a relevant documentation regarding this
issues.

Thanks,

1. Installing KMS on an existing site

[...]

2. DNS Problem

3. Trying to install E5 RC1 into an existing E4 site, I get permission errors

4. jnfoctrs.dll

5. Installing a new site in an existing Organization

6. Pub.edb

7. Exchange Install with existing site at different location

8. Login Different mailbox on the same machine.

9. Installing a second site into an existing organisation

10. Install 2e Exchange 5.5 in same existing site

11. Problems installing Exchange 5.5/Joining existing site

12. Error of replication during install/join existing site.

13. Problem installing Site Replication Service on existing server