how to run/create mailboxes from a remote location ?

how to run/create mailboxes from a remote location ?

Post by Joao Delinge » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have a batch file on my Exchange Server that creates all the
mailboxes from a txt file. The core of the mailboxe creation is
the line:
d:\exchsrvr\bin\admin /i temp.csv /o exchadds.dio

My question is: how can I execute this bat file from my workstation
or another server ? RCMD.EXE, Remote Console, they all do not
work since the admin.exe apps launchs some graphics on screen
and Remote Console Services do not support it.
HELP!!!

Thanks a lot

Joao Delinger
University of Oklahoma

how to run/create mailboxes from a remote location ?

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Try installing the Exchange Admin program on your
workstation_or_other_server.

Quote:>I have a batch file on my Exchange Server that creates all the
>mailboxes from a txt file. The core of the mailboxe creation is
>the line:
>d:\exchsrvr\bin\admin /i temp.csv /o exchadds.dio

>My question is: how can I execute this bat file from my workstation
>or another server ? RCMD.EXE, Remote Console, they all do not
>work since the admin.exe apps launchs some graphics on screen
>and Remote Console Services do not support it.
>HELP!!!

>Thanks a lot

>Joao Delinger
>University of Oklahoma

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr. - MCSE

1. how to run/create mailboxes from a remote location ?

I have a batch file on my Exchange Server that creates all the
mailboxes from a txt file. The core of the mailboxe creation is
the line:
d:\exchsrvr\bin\admin /i temp.csv /o exchadds.dio

My question is: how can I execute this bat file from my workstation
or another server ? RCMD.EXE, Remote Console, they all do not
work since the admin.exe apps launchs some graphics on screen
and Remote Console Services do not support it.
HELP!!!

Thanks a lot

Joao Delinger
University of Oklahoma

2. Test for Relay Security

3. NNTP Newsgroups don't auto-populate

4. Location and Filename Extension for the Mailboxes Created in Outlook

5. EventID: 445 Information store dismounting

6. Running Net User won't create new mailboxes in Exchange

7. Creating a mailbox on a remote exchange 2000.

8. Can file locations be changed without running Optimizer?

9. Create mailboxes doesn't actually create a mailbox

10. How to check for mails using exchange in remote location

11. Problem Having Remote Location Send Mail to Public Folder