NTBACKUP No longer works properly after removing EX5

NTBACKUP No longer works properly after removing EX5

Post by Bobby Gran » Tue, 30 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Recently installed exchange 5.0 to get some experience setting it up, it
went fine! After removing it, NTBACKUP started* after checking the
NETLOGON share.  I did find a registry hack for skip open files, but it had
no effect.

Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated!  Please respond by email if
possible

Thanks, Rob

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>Recently installed exchange 5.0 to get some experience setting it up, it
>went fine! After removing it, NTBACKUP started* after checking the
>NETLOGON share.  I did find a registry hack for skip open files, but it had
>no effect.

>Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated!  Please respond by email if
>possible

Replace the NTBACKUP.EXE on your machine with the one from the NT
Server CD. Then reapply the NT SP that's appropriate to your site.
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

NTBACKUP No longer works properly after removing EX5

Post by Bobby Gran » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Thanks Rich for the help, but ...

I replaced NTBACKUP.EXE with the version from the NTS4.0 CD and reapplied
SP#3.  I am still getting the same results, that is NTBACKUP hangs after
checking netlogon.chg during normal backups.  I checked Task Manager when
this occurred this time, and the CPU was at 97% utilization, the process
consumed a fluctuating 6 -12 mb of mem usage, and Task Manager said the
application was Not Responding.  The NTBACKUP panel reported netlogon.chg
was in use, and was skipped.  This is where I sit now, wondering why?

Rob John

1. NtBACKUP No Longer works after removing Ex5

I replaced NTBACKUP.EXE with the version from the NTS4.0 CD and reapplied
SP#3.  I am still getting the same results, that is NTBACKUP hangs after
checking netlogon.chg during normal backups.  I checked Task Manager when
this occurred this time, and the CPU was at 97% utilization, the process
consumed a fluctuating 6 -12 mb of mem usage, and Task Manager said the
application was Not Responding.  The NTBACKUP panel reported netlogon.chg
was in use, and was skipped.  This is where I sit now, wondering why?

Rob John

2. Exchange Remote mail install

3. Login scripts no longer work after removing 2000 AD server

4. #4.4.7 and Messages in the Queue

5. Auto-forwarding stopped working after ex5.5 upgrade from ex5.0

6. Scheduling meetings in public folders

7. Multiple SMTP mail domains with Exchange 2000 RC2 & Windows 2000 Server

8. Ex5 sp1 (NT4sp3) NTBackup question

9. 5.5 server not removed properly

10. Rules not working properly in Outlook

11. Psion and Outlook does not work properly !

12. Is SMTP Relay Restriction Working Properly