Exchagne 5.5 SP4 on 2K Server - The IMS Not Working

Exchagne 5.5 SP4 on 2K Server - The IMS Not Working

Post by aplustechnicia » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 05:09:05

Can am able to send message outbound, Can't recieve emails from the outside
world.

Exchagne 5.5 SP4 on 2K Server - The IMS Not Working

Post by Tony » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:43:42

Did you set up an MX record to point to your exchange server?

--
Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
Microserve.ca

Post by aplustechnicia » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 11:59:39

> Did you set up an MX record to point to your exchange server?

> --
> Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
> Microserve.ca
> Victoria BC, Canada, Earth
> Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> Can am able to send message outbound, Can't recieve emails from the
> outside world.

There is a MX Record with people of which are doing my DNS Hosting. I have
also placed a Class A Record as well.

I am also running Raptor 6.52, of which has a rule to send and mail
outbound, and have created the redirect rule to that computer.

I have done the Telnet Test, that Microsoft has out of which the system
seems to hang when I start the message area.

Exchagne 5.5 SP4 on 2K Server - The IMS Not Working

Post by John Eddy - M » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:33:57

Quote:

<snip>
> There is a MX Record with people of which are doing my DNS Hosting. I have
> also placed a Class A Record as well.

> I am also running Raptor 6.52, of which has a rule to send and mail
> outbound, and have created the redirect rule to that computer.

> I have done the Telnet Test, that Microsoft has out of which the system
> seems to hang when I start the message area.

When you do the telnet test, where are you doing it from?  Can you try
doing it from the server directly to the servers actual IP address?

John Eddy
Microsoft Exchange Forum Manager
rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

1. OWA not working after NT4 SP4 and Exchange 5.5 SP 2 updates applied

I recently applied NT4 SP4 and Exchange 5.5 SP2 service packs to an Exchange
5.5 server that was successfully running Outlook Web Access.  Since these
updates the OWA is not working any longer.  The message that the browser
receives when it tries to access the wwwroot\Exchange page is as follows:

error 'ASP 0115'
Unexpected error

/exchange/USA/logon.asp

A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
running.

Has anyone seen this before?  At this point I have not made any attempt at
fixing the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Brian Stockbrugger

2. New Type of SPAM !!!

3. Possible SP4-Exchange 5.5 SP1 Problem - LDAP/SSL + IMAP + POP3 not working

4. Duplicate System Mailbox

5. Problems with Exchange 2k Server Working with 5.5 Servers

6. Exchange Server setup /r

7. Exchange 5.5/Outlook 2K/Auto-reply not working

8. How to restore private folder from

9. Exchange 2K Front End Server - OWA not working

10. New Exchange 2000 server imap not fully working in outlook 2k

11. SP4 install not registering/not changing version # on OWA 5.5 installation

12. OWA on a Windows 2k Cluster running Exchange 5.5 SP4

13. Outlook 2K/Exchange 5.5 SP4 Task list issue