NNTP setup, different in-bound and out-bound servers

NNTP setup, different in-bound and out-bound servers

Post by Sam Russel » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

We get a pull news feed from MCI, and they have different hosts for
in-bound and out-bound. Where in Exchange to specify the host name for
stuff going out?

NNTP setup, different in-bound and out-bound servers

Post by Ken Beasle » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Have you actually gotten a pull-feed from MCI to work?
We are having continual problems with MCI.

Ken Beasley

> We get a pull news feed from MCI, and they have different hosts for
> in-bound and out-bound. Where in Exchange to specify the host name for
> stuff going out?

1. In-bound and out-bound mail errors

Hi,

We are constantly getting the following item in the Exchange PostMaster's
in-box.

------------------------------------
From: Postmaster
To: Postmaster
Subject: Notification: Outbound Mail Failure - A protocol error occurred

A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error.

 550 Sorry, this server is configured to refuse this sort of mail (to combat
the SPAM problem)
The message that caused this notification was:

      From:     <>
      Subject:  Delivered: Warning!!
--------------------------------------

This is then immediately followed by:

--------------------------------------
From: Postmaster
To: Postmaster
Subject: Notification: Inbound Mail Failure

The following recipients did not receive the attached mail. Reasons are
listed with each recipient:

 MSEXCH:IMS:Agency Underwriting Ltd:AUL:SERVER1 3550 (000B099C) 550 Sorry,
this server is configured to refuse this sort of mail (to combat the SPAM
problem)

The message that caused this notification was:

--------------------------------------

This is a relatively recent occurrence, before this we got very few NDRs.
We are using MS Exchange 5.5 and OL2K clients

Could any one tell what exactly is causing these messages and what can be
done to stop them.

Thanks in advance,

Sean.

2. Exchange cl. word-wrapping

3. Pop3 and NNTP doesn't bind in Exchange 5.5

4. GetIDsFromNames fails in COM+ Application is it a BUG ???

5. excahnge stops outbound and in bound mail randomly????

6. SHARED FOLDERS

7. not binding outbound E-mail -id=4026

8. Interconnectivity with SMTP

9. Binding to a different SMTP

10. Binding Exchange 5.5 to a different IP address

11. binding ip addresses of 2 different subnets

12. Re-bind Exchange 2000 to a different SMTP

13. RPC binding order, I can't find the setup editor