Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Post by Stephen Gilke » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know how to delete the newsgroup folders that I created within the
public folder on ES5.5

Stephen

Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Anyone know how to delete the newsgroup folders that I created within the
> public folder on ES5.5

    The only way to delete any public folder is from a client, such as
Outlook.  Of course, you must have the appropriate permissions.

Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Post by Stephen Gilke » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am an administrator in this particular domain yet I cannot delete any
"Internet Newsgroups" folders in the Public folders. How come?

Stephen

> > Anyone know how to delete the newsgroup folders that I created within
the
> > public folder on ES5.5

>     The only way to delete any public folder is from a client, such as
> Outlook.  Of course, you must have the appropriate permissions.

Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Post by Adam Lipso » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

my understanding is that this is a special folder which can not be deleted
:(

Adam

> I am an administrator in this particular domain yet I cannot delete any
> "Internet Newsgroups" folders in the Public folders. How come?

> Stephen

> > > Anyone know how to delete the newsgroup folders that I created within
> the
> > > public folder on ES5.5

> >     The only way to delete any public folder is from a client, such as
> > Outlook.  Of course, you must have the appropriate permissions.

Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Post by Ian Skee » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

There is no way you can delete the newsgroup public folder it is a microsoft
*up!! You can make it invisible to users via permissions tab, but it
cannot be deleted.  See technet

Ian Skeet

Quote:> Anyone know how to delete the newsgroup folders that I created within the
> public folder on ES5.5

> Stephen

Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Post by Stephen Gilke » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I would like to delete the folders within the "Internet Newsgroups" public
folder. Is this possible?

> There is no way you can delete the newsgroup public folder it is a
microsoft
>*up!! You can make it invisible to users via permissions tab, but it
> cannot be deleted.  See technet

> Ian Skeet

> > Anyone know how to delete the newsgroup folders that I created within
the
> > public folder on ES5.5

> > Stephen

Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Post by IMIB » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Oh, yes.
Open Outlook (you must have Admin or/and Owner permissions to folder),
select it, and pres "Del" button on keyboard.

--

Ivan Borissov
http://www.veryComputer.com/

> I would like to delete the folders within the "Internet Newsgroups" public
> folder. Is this possible?

> > There is no way you can delete the newsgroup public folder it is a
> microsoft
> >*up!! You can make it invisible to users via permissions tab, but
it
> > cannot be deleted.  See technet

> > Ian Skeet

> > > Anyone know how to delete the newsgroup folders that I created within
> the
> > > public folder on ES5.5

> > > Stephen

Deleting Newsgroup folders from the Public folder

Post by News » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I found the solution! (I think)

In Miscrosoft Exchange Administrator expand Folders, then Public Folders.
Select Internet Newsgroups properties.  On the General tab, click on
Client Permissions and make sure each user on the list has the Folder
Visible
option under Permissions checked OFF.

This has worked for my clients, but it does not appear to work for the
administrator's account if it remain as the Folder Owner...
If you, as the administrator, don't want to see this then simply make sure
the Folder Owner box is checked OFF as well as the Folder Visible box.

I hope this helps.

Carlos Rabell