Policies Container is missing

Post by Jerem » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:43:58

I just installed Exchange 2000 and I just took setup
defaults, but I don't have a policies container inside the
management console. I ran ForestPrep and DomainPrep and I
haven't delegated to any other users and havent created
any administrative groups. Please help.

Policies Container is missing

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 13:58:44

Hi Jeremy

The Policies Container is not there by default, in Exchange System Manager:

Open the properties for your Organization and check the "Display
Administrative Groups" checkbox and click OK.
Expand Administrative Groups.
Right click over First Administative Group and select New > System Policy
Container

You can now go back to the Organization and clear the "Display
Administrative Groups" if you wish.

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> I just installed Exchange 2000 and I just took setup
> defaults, but I don't have a policies container inside the
> management console. I ran ForestPrep and DomainPrep and I
> haven't delegated to any other users and havent created
> any administrative groups. Please help.

1. What am I missing?? (using scripts in AD)

I have been pulling my hair out trying to make this work.
I need help.

I need to add/remove printers on a LAN. I believed the
right thing to do was to create group policy that
would "push" the printer information using OU's in AD. All
of the machines have the drivers necessary to connect to
the printers so I do not need to "push" drivers, just
printer path

i have tried every knob and switch that the vast resources
on the internet demand...and still no joy.

I wrote a simple batch file named  newprint.bat

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n\\servername\aruba

I even tried

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n\\servername\aruba
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n\\servername\skye

Since /ga is for a "per machine" connection (for all users
of one computer) and /in was for a network printer
connection to see if it added one printer and not the
other.

I created an Organization Unit
I created a new group
I added my lone computer to that group
I made sure that policy was inherited
I put the batch file in the \machine\scripts\startup
folder
I created a group policy and assigned the script

I EVEN turned on the "run startup scripts visible"
policy/admin template from within the
new policy\computer configuration\Admin
Templates\System\logon
tree and have no luck there either.

So either the "visible" script thing does not work OR my
script is never making it to my 'puter

I know that I could create a batch file and fun it
individually at the local desktop. But that is nearly 100
computers - and the reason for implementing AD was to
simplify this kind of process.

Please help. This has been a most frustrating experience.

THANK YOU

2. Open Relay

3. What am I missing?

4. Testing Exchange news Post - ignore

5. Am I Missing Something

6. Can you give me this info on OWA

7. What am I missing??????

8. Mail getting queued when send to another domain!!!

9. missing pop3 server how to restore it i am not able to connect

10. Am I missing something? -- limits

11. isinteg not running, am I missing something

12. Why am I missing these options?

13. Workflow what I'am missing ?