Cant send E-mail out of the company!

Post by Al Zebe » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello!

We installed MS Echange server 4.0! I encountered a big problem.
Whenever I want to send an E-mail outside the company into the internet
i get mail not delivered responce. I talked to some tech support
people in Slovenia but could not eliminate the problem.
They said the problem should be in MX record on our DNS server. I
set the reg key to correct this problem. Tested the dns resolve with
restest program and no local computer IP was sent back with the other
resolved IP's for a certain internet location.
But I can receive E-mail from outside in. Sending E-mail post inside the
company works fine, also receiving it from outside,but when i want to
send it outside the company it fails. WHAT to do, MICROSOFT ppl help!!

Thanx,

Ales Zebec

Comtron d.o.o.
Gregorciceva 39
2000 Maribor/Slovenia/Europe
tel.: +386 62 221 303
fax.: +386 62 222 055

Cant send E-mail out of the company!

Post by David Montgomer » Tue, 10 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Same EXACT problem here, only it's with 4.5 beta 1. Anyone solved this
one?

drm

> Hello!

> We installed MS Echange server 4.0! I encountered a big problem.
> Whenever I want to send an E-mail outside the company into the internet
> i get mail not delivered responce. I talked to some tech support
> people in Slovenia but could not eliminate the problem.
> They said the problem should be in MX record on our DNS server. I
> set the reg key to correct this problem. Tested the dns resolve with
> restest program and no local computer IP was sent back with the other
> resolved IP's for a certain internet location.
> But I can receive E-mail from outside in. Sending E-mail post inside the
> company works fine, also receiving it from outside,but when i want to
> send it outside the company it fails. WHAT to do, MICROSOFT ppl help!!

> Thanx,

> Ales Zebec

> Comtron d.o.o.
> Gregorciceva 39
> 2000 Maribor/Slovenia/Europe
> tel.: +386 62 221 303
> fax.: +386 62 222 055

David Montgomery                     Kellogg Information systems
SysAdmin                   Kellogg Graduate School of Management

(847)467-3793                                       Evanston, IL

Cant send E-mail out of the company!

Post by Robert Neil Nelmi » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Check the Internet Mail Connector properties...

Under the "Address Space" tab...try:

"New Internet" and leaving the address blank so that you see:

Type            Address         Cost
SMTP                            1

More later,
Neil.

1. External company unable to send mail to 1 email address

Hi,

We have a external company who is unable to send email to 1 email address on
our exchange 2000 server (can send email to everyone else on the system),
the company never receives a bounce back message and there is no mention of
it in the exchange logs.  Everyone else can send email to the email address
without any problems.

I have tried removing the mailbox and re-creating it, but to no avail.
After a while I found out that it is the actual email address which the
external company is having problems with.  If they send to a temporary email
address assigned to the same mailbox, or if I even change the email address
by one character, the email will go through.

Any ever seen this before, or have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Marcus

2. Monitoring Software

3. Urgent!!! Users cant recieve email, send mail OK

4. Hide unnecessary rows

5. can send email but cant receive mail *internally* or *externally*

6. delete public folder

7. cant send mail from different email address

8. Adding contacts i Global address

9. Cant Foward or reply to Company Internet Mail

10. send outgoing email using my company exchange email server

11. send email using company exchange email server

12. cant send emails to one particular email address

13. Cant Delete Cant View a single email