ISP pop mail and Domain name problems

Post by Chris H » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 04:35:17

we have a small LAN, DSL and Exch 2000
We have an ISP where we pickup POP mail.  Our domain is
routed to our ISP.

With Exchange 2000 and an outlook client, if I type in an

mail lan address -which is fine for users on the LAN.
But I have some users who are not on the LAN and when I
enter an address for them it gets bounced back from
Exchange stating "the e-mail account does not exist at
the organization this message was sent to".
How do I send mail to these users and force exchange to
send it out through the SMTP server.
Thanks in advance for anyones help.

ISP pop mail and Domain name problems

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 05:22:20

These users should NOT have accounts on the LAN. Delete the user accounts
and Create Contacts for them with the correct email address and let Exchange
handle the routing.

Wesley Peace
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Read the Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

We are what we repeatedly do. Aristotle

> we have a small LAN, DSL and Exch 2000
> We have an ISP where we pickup POP mail.  Our domain is
> routed to our ISP.

> With Exchange 2000 and an outlook client, if I type in an

> mail lan address -which is fine for users on the LAN.
> But I have some users who are not on the LAN and when I
> enter an address for them it gets bounced back from
> Exchange stating "the e-mail account does not exist at
> the organization this message was sent to".
> How do I send mail to these users and force exchange to
> send it out through the SMTP server.
> Thanks in advance for anyones help.

ISP pop mail and Domain name problems

Post by Chris H » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 04:32:41

Thanks for the reply Wesley.  Unfortunately the users you
want me to remove do not have accounts on the LAN, that

they were not then it would bounce the message back.  I
want it to send the message out the pop3 connector.

Regards
Chris

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>These users should NOT have accounts on the LAN. Delete
the user accounts
>and Create Contacts for them with the correct email

address and let Exchange
>handle the routing.

>--
>Wesley Peace
>Microsoft Exchange MVP

>Read the Exchange FAQ at

>We are what we repeatedly do. Aristotle

>> we have a small LAN, DSL and Exch 2000
>> We have an ISP where we pickup POP mail.  Our domain is
>> routed to our ISP.

>> With Exchange 2000 and an outlook client, if I type in
an

the "local"