Internet Mail for Windows Messaging

Post by Scott Moye » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I am having trouble installing the regular Internet Mail service for the
Exchange Win95 POP client.  I have tried to add the service 2 ways:

- By double-clicking the INBOX icon and going through the Inbox Wizard.
After I start creating a profile with the Internet Mail service, I am
presented with the "Setup Mail Account," box.  As soon as I click that box,
nothing happens.

- By trying to add the service through the Tools menu under "Services."
After installing the Internet Mail service this way, I try and configure
the properties and the system says "Action could not be completed."

I have re-installed dial-up networking and Windows Messaging; deleted and
re-created profiles; and re-added the dial-up network adapter.  I don't
have anything unusual installed like third-party network client software or
others.

Thanks for the help,

Internet Mail for Windows Messaging

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

If you see a screen for Internet Mail in the setup wizard with only a button
for Setup Mail Account, this means that you have somehow downloaded and
installed the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for Microsoft Outlook. This
version of the Internet Mail service works only with Outlook (and with the
copy of Exchange that installs as part of Outlook).  Try this procedure to
remove it:

1. Use File | Exit and Log Off to quit Exchange.
2. In Control Panel | Mail and Fax, remove the Internet E-Mail service from
the default profile and any other profiles where you may have installed it.
3. Rename the file Minet32.dll in your Windows\System folder.
4. Reinstall Windows Messaging or just the Internet Mail service from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/info/inetmail.htm.
5. In Control Panel | Mail and Fax, add Internet E-Mail back to your
profile(s). (Note that the name of the service may not revert back to
Internet Mail.)

--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

>I am having trouble installing the regular Internet Mail service for the
>Exchange Win95 POP client.  I have tried to add the service 2 ways:

>- By double-clicking the INBOX icon and going through the Inbox Wizard.
>After I start creating a profile with the Internet Mail service, I am
>presented with the "Setup Mail Account," box.  As soon as I click that box,
>nothing happens.

>- By trying to add the service through the Tools menu under "Services."
>After installing the Internet Mail service this way, I try and configure
>the properties and the system says "Action could not be completed."

>I have re-installed dial-up networking and Windows Messaging; deleted and
>re-created profiles; and re-added the dial-up network adapter.  I don't
>have anything unusual installed like third-party network client software or
>others.

>Thanks for the help,

Internet Mail for Windows Messaging

Post by Scott Moye » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Thanks Sue.  You're fantastic!

> If you see a screen for Internet Mail in the setup wizard with only a
button
> for Setup Mail Account, this means that you have somehow downloaded and
> installed the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for Microsoft Outlook. This
> version of the Internet Mail service works only with Outlook (and with
the
> copy of Exchange that installs as part of Outlook).  Try this procedure
> remove it:

> 1. Use File | Exit and Log Off to quit Exchange.
> 2. In Control Panel | Mail and Fax, remove the Internet E-Mail service
from
> the default profile and any other profiles where you may have installed
it.
> 3. Rename the file Minet32.dll in your Windows\System folder.
> 4. Reinstall Windows Messaging or just the Internet Mail service from
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/info/inetmail.htm.
> 5. In Control Panel | Mail and Fax, add Internet E-Mail back to your
> profile(s). (Note that the name of the service may not revert back to
> Internet Mail.)

> --
> Sue Mosher
> Slipstick Systems, Moscow
> FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange

> >I am having trouble installing the regular Internet Mail service for the
> >Exchange Win95 POP client.  I have tried to add the service 2 ways:

> >- By double-clicking the INBOX icon and going through the Inbox Wizard.
> >After I start creating a profile with the Internet Mail service, I am
> >presented with the "Setup Mail Account," box.  As soon as I click that
box,
> >nothing happens.

> >- By trying to add the service through the Tools menu under "Services."
> >After installing the Internet Mail service this way, I try and configure
> >the properties and the system says "Action could not be completed."

> >I have re-installed dial-up networking and Windows Messaging; deleted
and
> >re-created profiles; and re-added the dial-up network adapter.  I don't
> >have anything unusual installed like third-party network client software
or
> >others.

> >Thanks for the help,

1. Internet mail in Windows Messaging - how to activate WWW URLs

Could someone please tell me if there is a way to configure my Windows
Messaging so that when email containing a WWW URL is mentioned it is a
live link to the internet?  I thought I remember something about this
from Microsoft a while ago..

I just replaced my Exchange (Win95) that came originally with Office
Pro 95 with the new Windows Messaging cause the Exchange was crashing.
But now I no longer have live internet hooks

R Rettich

2. %%%%% My outlook keeps giving me the error message:

3. Restoring Pub.edb

4. Internet Mail for Windows Messaging

5. getting off a blacklist

6. Internet mail in Windows Messaging - how to activate WWW URLs

7. Exchange server 5.5 accessing pop3 accounts.

8. Need help setting up Windows Messaging with Shared folders for Internet e-mail

9. Problem with Windows Messaging and Internet Mail Service