Exchange Server 2000 doesn't work on Windows 2000 Advanced Server DC

Exchange Server 2000 doesn't work on Windows 2000 Advanced Server DC

Post by Barak Turovsk » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 17:17:34

Hi,

I've installed MSDN version of Windows 2000 Advanced Server, promoted it to
DC with DNS, run Forest and Domain Prep, and installed MSDN version of
Exchange 2000.
The installation finishes succefully, however when i start Exchange
Administrator it says that Administrator can't find any working Exchange
Servers. When it try to enable some user for Instant messaging, it can't
find the home server.
All the existing Exchange sevices are started:
MS Exchange Event
MS Exchange IMAP4
MS Exchange Information Store
MS Exchange MTA stacks
MS Exchange POP3
MS Exchange Routing Engine
MS Excjange Replication Service (isn't stopped, configured as disabled by
Setup)
MS Exchange System Attendant

I've noticed that MS Exchange directory synchronization service isn't listed
among Exchange services.
May be this is the problem?

Any idea what to do?

Thanks,

Barak Turovsky

Exchange Server 2000 doesn't work on Windows 2000 Advanced Server DC

Post by Ed Woodric » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 09:29:08

I'd look for DNS problems first.

--
Ed Woodrick
MVP - Exchange

Quote:> Hi,

> I've installed MSDN version of Windows 2000 Advanced Server, promoted it
> DC with DNS, run Forest and Domain Prep, and installed MSDN version of
> Exchange 2000.
> The installation finishes succefully, however when i start Exchange
> Administrator it says that Administrator can't find any working Exchange
> Servers. When it try to enable some user for Instant messaging, it can't
> find the home server.
> All the existing Exchange sevices are started:
> MS Exchange Event
> MS Exchange IMAP4
> MS Exchange Information Store
> MS Exchange MTA stacks
> MS Exchange POP3
> MS Exchange Routing Engine
> MS Excjange Replication Service (isn't stopped, configured as disabled by
> Setup)
> MS Exchange System Attendant

> I've noticed that MS Exchange directory synchronization service isn't
listed
> among Exchange services.
> May be this is the problem?

> Any idea what to do?

> Thanks,

> Barak Turovsky

1. Upgrade Windows 2000 With Exchange 2000 to Windows 2000 Advanced Server

We are running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2k Server.  Our
Information Store is just over 16GB now.  We want to
increase our 1GB of RAM to 3GB, but according to Q-
Articles 266096 and 328882; I can only have 1 Gb of RAM in
Win 2k server.

The Question:
If I get Windows 2000 Advanced Server, can I upgrade my
existing Exchange 2000 with Win2k Server to Win2k Advanced
Server w/o breaking exchange?  Or is it a format and
install the Advanced Server and restore the Exchange Data?

Thanks,

2. non loged users sending mail

3. Move windows Nt (DC) to Windows 2000 server(DC)

4. Setup /forestprep failed, HELP!!!

5. Exchange server 2000 does not install on Windows 2000 Advanced Server

6. Help! Sudden loss of outbound internet email on all clients

7. Exchange 2000 server on Windows 2000 advance server.

8. Client error message on connect

9. Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000 Server (not Advanced Server)

10. Windows Advanced Server 2000 and Exchange 2000 Beta