OWA/XWEB Authentication problem

Post by Brent Landr » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have installed Exchange 5.5 SP3 on a Windows 2000 DC.  I have installed
OWA and can get to the login page no problem.  When I first installed
Exchange OWA worked fine.  I reinstalled SP3 when I removed a couple of
un-needed connectors (x.400, MSMail).  Now I cannot get past the login page,
getting repeated prompts to login.  If I cancel the login I get a blank page
with this in this:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

The URL returned is
"http://mail.servername.com/exchange/LogonFrm.asp?isnewwindow=0&mailbo...
name"

I have searched all the technet KB articles about OWA setup.

1. "Logon Locally", and "Access this computer from the network" rights have
been granted to Everyone.
2. The anonymous internet account has read rights to the WEBDATA directory.
3. All users have change rights to the "webtemp" directory.
4. IIS is configured correctly according to all the documentation.

My guess is that there is a process going on somewhere that needs an
authenticated login.  Does anyone have any idea about this?

-Brent Landry

1. XWEB XWEB Outlook 2000 Outlook 2000

For some reason I am getting double posts in XWEB and in Outlook 2000 when
people receive email.  This is Exchange 2000 SP2.  It is actually more than
double.  Sometimes it is triple posts.  The user posts a message in XWEB or
Outlook 2000 and the recipient gets multi-posts.  All showing the same time
of post, all the same size.  Does anyone now how to calm these apps down so
that one post results in one receipt?  Thanks.  Windows 2000 Server SP2.

--
George Hester

2. Adding New Site

3. Xweb: OWA Error 404 Opening Messages After Applying 5.5 SP1

4. POP3 Virtual Server Refuses to Start

5. DNS help

6. Mailbox Rights take hours to apply

7. owa authentication problems

8. OWA authentication problems.

9. the authentication problem when access OWA

10. OWA problem / recurring authentication prompt