Installing a second site into an existing organisation

Installing a second site into an existing organisation

Post by DGC » Thu, 15 May 2003 20:07:13

Can anyone tell me how to install a second site into an
existing organisation. The setup program only gives me
Join Another Site or Create a New Site. If I create a new
site and give the existing organisation name it just
creates another organisation with the same name.

Any help please.

DGC

Installing a second site into an existing organisation

Post by Adrian Butle » Sat, 17 May 2003 06:00:17

I'm assuming you are using Exchange 5.5

When the setup prompts you, select the option to Create a New Site
You should be prompted for the Organization and Site Name
Make sure the Organization name is IDENTICAL to that of your first site
After the setup is complete, install either the SITE CONNECTOR or X/400
connector between both sites
Following that, install the directory replication connector which will allow
you to replicate between the sites

Quote:> Can anyone tell me how to install a second site into an
> existing organisation. The setup program only gives me
> Join Another Site or Create a New Site. If I create a new
> site and give the existing organisation name it just
> creates another organisation with the same name.

> Any help please.

> DGC

Installing a second site into an existing organisation

Post by DGC » Sat, 17 May 2003 18:42:40

Thanks very much for the help.

Regards,

DGC.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm assuming you are using Exchange 5.5

>When the setup prompts you, select the option to Create
a New Site
>You should be prompted for the Organization and Site Name
>Make sure the Organization name is IDENTICAL to that of
your first site
>After the setup is complete, install either the SITE
CONNECTOR or X/400
>connector between both sites
>Following that, install the directory replication

connector which will allow
>you to replicate between the sites

message

>> Can anyone tell me how to install a second site into an
>> existing organisation. The setup program only gives me
>> Join Another Site or Create a New Site. If I create a
new
>> site and give the existing organisation name it just
>> creates another organisation with the same name.

>> Any help please.

>> DGC

>.

1. Install second exchange 2000 server into existing Exchange 200 0rg

Hi every body,

Any one please help that where I can find any docs say about install second
Exchange 2000 server into
existing exchange 2000 Org. What are those requirements ? Does it still need
to have SMTP install ?
I have been trying many words in support.microsoft.com to search, None is
found. All is about "installing 1st exchange server ..." but none is found
for requirement of second exchange into exchange 2K Org.

Any one has any source ? I appreciate !!

Jake

2. Remote mail greyed out

3. How to install WEB access to MSX on the second server in the site

4. Undeleting Mailboxes

5. Error during host resolution after installing second server in site

6. .com extension missing in reply process

7. How to install WEB access to MSX on the second server in the site

8. Perenial DDE

9. Just installed a second Exchange server in my site, and cant send mail between the two

10. How to install WEB access to MSX on the second server in the site

11. Error when installing second Exchange server in site

12. Installing a second site over DRAS