Pull Newsfeed setup to download news from External News Server

Pull Newsfeed setup to download news from External News Server

Post by Minh Truon » Sat, 27 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello ,

We have EX5 on NT4 SP3 and try to set up a Pull Newsfeed from our ISP , but
keep getting "connection was closed unexpectedly" from Event Viewer .

Any help is much appreciated .

Pull Newsfeed setup to download news from External News Server

Post by Minh Truon » Sat, 27 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello ,

We have EX5 on NT4 SP3 and try to set up a Pull Newsfeed from our ISP , but
keep getting "connection was closed unexpectedly" from Event Viewer .

Any help is much appreciated .

1. News setup so my ex server can be news.mycompany.com

I want to setup my exchange server so I can run news.mycompany.com.
I installed the NNTP and Internet News server, and I have a public
folder called Internet Newsgroups that the version 5 install created.

However, my questions is how to I create my own hierarchy under it
so that people "see" this as a newsgroup.  For example, if my domain
name was

then I want my newsgroups to be

This is what I currently have in my news system that was built
with the 120 day MCIS NEws server.  (My trial ran out and I
got Exchange 5 instead)

From what I gather, I am supposed to create some public folders, and
then somehow make them children of the Internet Newsgroup public
folder.  Is this correct?

Can someone tell me how to do this...

Thanks

2. How Do I Turn Off Mail Relay?

3. News pull isn't pulling / Exch 5.5

4. PROBLEM : installing a seccond exchange server

5. Which News server supports pull feeds?

6. Schedule+ error message

7. Pull articles for MS news server

8. Giving Exchange Admin. permissions to someone else

9. I'm searching a news server to pull up messages

10. Not all news articles retrieved from news server...

11. How to get news from news server!!

12. Newsfeeds vs. Hosting News Server

13. My NNTP news pull won't download news subject heading older the today's date?