1. Using Migrate.exe to move mailboxes from site to site
We have a server EXCHANGE4 in site SITE2 with a bunch of users in it (a
bunch is about 120). We have created a new server EXCHANGE6 in SITE3 and
have moved mailboxes from EXCHANGE3 in SITE3 onto that server using Move
Mailbox. We were trying to move all of the mailboxes from EXCHANGE4 also to
EXCHANGE6 using the Bulk Import utility to create the mailboxes and then
using Migrate.exe from BORKv2 to move all of the data.
When I try to migrate any one of the hand-picked test users, I get the
following error - "Unable to modify the destination inbox rules (error 295
Rules.cpp:1728, MAPI error E_INVALIDARG [0x80070057]: The client operation
failed.)" At that point, the tool has created a .pst file on my HD, but has
not pulled anything into it.
MS docs on this error show the cause as - "Either the mailbox on the
destination server contains files or a valid profile against the destination
server has not been created." The first part is definitely not true. Not
sure about the second.
We have checked permissions to be sure the account I'm logged in as has all
We have checked to make sure the directory has replicated.
We have tried with the new mailbox not existing yet.
We have tried not migrating the SMTP proxy info.
We have tried doing a one-stage instead of a two-stage.
We have tried starting from different machines.
One thing we have noticed while looking through the docs is that it mentions
setting up a profile for the Migration tool to use, but never anything about
how to tell the Migration tool which profile it should be using. Is this
the key to it or am I missing something else??? I've also heard that the
4.0/5.0 Migrate.exe tool is more reliable, although it doesn't copy as much
information about the mailbox (such as Address/phone No/Organization info,
Dist. list membership, SMTP address, etc.).
If any of you have any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.
2. SMTP causing outage
3. How to move mailboxes between sites
4. AD / Exchange 2000
5. Is it possible to move mailboxes between sites?
6. HIPAA compliant secure email vendors recommendations
7. A Tool to move mailboxes between sites
8. Missing large attachments
9. Need Quick Answer! Moving Mailbox Between Site
10. error moving mailbox same site different server
11. How to move mailboxes between Sites?
12. How to move mailboxes between sites
13. Error when trying to move mailbox (same site) from 5.5 to new 2000 server