Forwarding to external email address

Post by CDFlos » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 18:11:14

Hi folks...

Someone's left the company and needs their mail forwarded to an internet
mail account.  I know how to redirect mail from this account to another
mailbox on the server... but how do I send it to an external address?  I've
tried creating a custom recipient, but it needs to be hidden from the
address book, and as soon as I hide it, it cant be used to redirect the mail
to it.

--
[ d  a  v  e ]
________________________________

Forwarding to external email address

Post by jeza » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 18:21:33

make a new contact with their internet addy, then forward to that contact in
same way as to a mailbox

jez

Quote:> Hi folks...

> Someone's left the company and needs their mail forwarded to an internet
> mail account.  I know how to redirect mail from this account to another
> mailbox on the server... but how do I send it to an external address?
I've
> tried creating a custom recipient, but it needs to be hidden from the
> address book, and as soon as I hide it, it cant be used to redirect the
mail
> to it.

> --
> [ d  a  v  e ]
> ________________________________
> "Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be
hard
> to understand. "

Forwarding to external email address

Post by AI » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:05:55

Hello,

Please create Custom recipient (5.5) or mal enabled Contact (2000) first and
then modify the Alternate Recipients section on the Delivery Options tab for
native Exchange recipient mailbox. You can set Hide from address book.

Please refer to "How do I setup an Exchange forward?" at
http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=13667 and "How to
Forward E-mail Messages from an Exchange Mailbox to a POP3 Address
(Q255697)" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q255697
(Exchange 5.5).

For Exchange 2000 please see "How to Configure a Mailbox to Forward Mail to
a Mail-Enabled Contact" at
 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281926.

Regards,

Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> Hi folks...

> Someone's left the company and needs their mail forwarded to an internet
> mail account.  I know how to redirect mail from this account to another
> mailbox on the server... but how do I send it to an external address?
I've
> tried creating a custom recipient, but it needs to be hidden from the
> address book, and as soon as I hide it, it cant be used to redirect the
mail
> to it.

> --
> [ d  a  v  e ]
> ________________________________
> "Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be
hard
> to understand. "

Forwarding to external email address

Post by CDFlos » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 21:09:41

Thanks!

--
[ d  a  v  e ]
________________________________

1. Rules don't forward to external email address

Hi All!

We recently upgraded our Exchange 5.5 Server to Exchange 2000 Server and now
some of the rules of ours users doesn't work. It seems to be preventing the
rules to forward to addresses out side our organization.

Any ideas? The rules work fine when they forward to an internal user.

Thanks in advance.

Sealtiel Paula

2. query

3. Forward to external email address?

4. user sending message as someone else

5. Out of office assistant and forwarding to external email address

6. Auto reply to internet e-mail recipients

7. Exchange 2000 - forwarding to external email addresses

8. Shell32.DLL

9. Outlook 2002 not forwarding email to external email address

10. Forward email to another (external) email address

11. Forwarding copies of all email to external email address

12. Automatic Forwarding emails to an external email address

13. EX5.5: forward incoming emails to an external email address