The solution: How to POP mail from your ISP to Exchange server

The solution: How to POP mail from your ISP to Exchange server

Post by B?rd Ove My » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

For one of my clients I had problem getting mail delivered to their
Exchange server as they had a router using dynamic RAS. The ISP that
provided the equipment told me at the time beeing that this was a
standard setup. And I was a fool and belived them...

After doing some research I had to write this software to transfer
email from the account at the ISP to the users account at the Exchange
server.

At the ISP all mail to the client's domain is collected at one single
address. A field in the email ('to:') shows the original recipient. My
program pop's the mail from the ISP and uses smtp to deliver it to the
exchange server (on the same mashine or a different one). The program
is identifying the original recipient and delivering to this address
at the exchange server. Non existing recipients are handled by the
exchange-server, even routing to other servers are managed by the
exchange server.

The program might be started from the IMC by using the 'retrieving
mail command'.

This program shuld make it posible to use Exchange for internet mail
for all kinds of RAS and routers. It should also work with other
post-offices that does not support POP to retrieve mail.

If there is any intereset for this program I might wrap it up and put
it out there as shareware as soon as I' done with the testing.

B?rd Ove Myhr
IT-Consultant

      B?RD OVE MYHR     -     MYHR CONSULTING

Fax:   +47 22831992  Url:   http://home.sn.no/~baardove
Mob:   +47 90082513

1. The solution: How to POP mail from your ISP to Exchange server

[...]

2. Clearing out deleted items

3. Retrieving e-mail from a pop server isp to an exchange client

4. DL. Memebers should not be able to see

5. Can Exchange Server get POP mail from ISP?

6. Exchange Server Migration

7. Exchange as an ISP Mail solution

8. Connectivity Issues

9. Best solution using Exchange 2000 to retrieve mail from ISP

10. Getting Mail from ISP pop mail.

11. Exchange retreive mail from ISP POP account

12. Exchange 2000 and POP mail at my ISP

13. Please help, How to set Exchange 5.5 to receive POP mail from other POP server