IMS Dial-up Connections

Post by Rich Matheis » Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>when i select Dial-up connection tab, i get the following messsage
>"The Remote Access Service phonebook cannot be opened. It must be
>accessible and in the system directory as
>\winnt\system32\ras\rasphone.pbk" i have no problem opening the
>phonebook from RRAS. what's missing?

The most common cause of this is that the administrative share ADMIN$
is missing from your machine.

IMS Dial-up Connections

Post by Rich Matheis » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>i have Admin$ share running. i still don't understand why?

And does the ADMIN$ share refer to the %systemroot%? What's the ACL
say for the directory (not the share!)?
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

1. IMS Dialup-connections

I had a problem last week where our exchange server 5.5 grind to an halt due
the C Drive being full. I removed some files to create some space I then ran
the exchange optimiser which allowed me to move all the log files from the c
drive to the D drive. Since then our Exchage server will not dial out at all
automatically for in/outbound mail when set to the option "When mail is
queued but at most every 30 mins". It will only dial when set to "every xx
Hours or xx mins".on the dialup connections Tab of the IMS

Can anyone help

Regards

irvine

2. EXLIST CDO Problem

3. Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

4. IMC Queue with strange messages

5. OWA login problem on Exchange 5.5

6. foreward to external email

7. Can I use Dial-Up Connection (IMS) over LAN

8. IMS static ip and a dialup connection.

9. IMS and dial up connection to an ISP

10. Couldn't setup dial-up connections for IMS