Client Licenses

Post by Matthew Brad » Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I am doing work for a company where we installed an Exchange Server 5.0
on NT 4.0 Whenever a sixth or seventh person tries to connect to the
Exchange server it gives them a message saying there are no licenses
available.  Each employee has a licensed copy of Exchange and/or Outlook
so I know that the client end is not the problem.  Where/How can I
increase the client connections to the Exchange server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt Brady
Visicon Inc.
Salt Lake City, UT

Client Licenses

Post by Greg Aske » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

The same place all other Microsoft licenses are managed - the NT
License Manager Applet.
--
Greg Askew
Business Information Technologies, Inc.

> I am doing work for a company where we installed an Exchange Server 5.0
> on NT 4.0 Whenever a sixth or seventh person tries to connect to the
> Exchange server it gives them a message saying there are no licenses
> available.  Each employee has a licensed copy of Exchange and/or Outlook
> so I know that the client end is not the problem.  Where/How can I
> increase the client connections to the Exchange server?

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Matt Brady
> Visicon Inc.
> Salt Lake City, UT

Client Licenses

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>I am doing work for a company where we installed an Exchange Server 5.0
>on NT 4.0 Whenever a sixth or seventh person tries to connect to the
>Exchange server it gives them a message saying there are no licenses
>available.  Each employee has a licensed copy of Exchange and/or Outlook
>so I know that the client end is not the problem.  Where/How can I
>increase the client connections to the Exchange server?

>Any help would be appreciated.

Client Access Licenses are installed on the server. Use the License
Manager application (not the Control Panel's applet) to add more
licenses after you purchase them. It sounds as if you have only a five
user license now.

If each user has a license then you should be in possession of one or
more CAL's that add up to, or exceed, the number clients you're trying
to connect.
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

1. No client licenses available while License Server is up

We were experiencing incompatabilities between two domain
controllers in Windows 2000 Server. The problem was that
one DC knew about domain licenses while the other didn't.
One DC is also running Exchange Server 2000 while the
other is not. After figuring out how to synchronize the
license information, all client access to Exchange Server
shutdown. The error is "no client licenses available". I
found if I shutdown the license server, everything
worked. Unfortunately we need to have the license service
operational.

Any assistance or ideas? It appears that there is a
compatibilty issue with what's local and what's on the
domain.

Thanks,

Roy

2. MTA Database Error , Object not found 06000??

3. SBS Exchange Server Client License Problem

4. Operation client fail

5. Exchange Client License

6. Where can I find Exchange configuration details

7. Client Licensing

8. Scanning the store for certain file extensions.

9. Exchange Client License

10. Client Licensing in Exchange Server

11. There are no client licenses available

12. Exchange Client Licensing

13. Client License Decreasing