MAPI permissions -v- Win2000 permissions

MAPI permissions -v- Win2000 permissions

Post by Bill » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:09:47

Does anyone know how to "magically" make the Win2000 permissions reflect the
actual Mapi permission settings?

One of our bonehead NT admins changes permissions at the OS level, and now
the Mapi permissions don't work.. (because security is governed by the Win2k
OS.

Know how to do this for each user, but the time to do this would be
unbearable.

Thanks
Bill

1. MAPI (Public Folders) Client Permissions

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.exchange.applications and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

Hello

I have problems figuring out how to program Client Permissions on MAPI-
folders (Public Folders.). As I understand this is somewhat different
than programmming Security Descriptor on other Exchange 2000 Folders or
resources.
I am not able to find any documentation on this issue.
I do have the MSDN October 2000 Library and I am using the book authored
by Mindy Martin (Microsoft Press) published Oct/Nov 00.
I also have the E2K Resource Kit.
The PFADMIN.EXE from the Resource Kit does not seem to support other
than ordinary ACL and not the MAPI roles and setting connected to these.

Do anybody know a way to programmatically set and retrieve these
settings?
(I use Visual Basic 6.0 as my programming primary tool.)

Thanks
Geir Olav Heiene

2. Benchmark my OWA

3. Outlook MAPI Public Folder Permissions

4. Changing the Organizational Name

5. MAPI Folder Permissions

6. Exporting Directory Information

7. M drive and mapi permissions!

8. Copy Calendar from Exchange 5.5 Server to Exchange 2000 Server

9. MAPI permissions on public folders - again

10. MAPI Public Folder Permissions

11. Folder Permissions versus Attachment Permissions

12. permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

13. Permissions to Change Permissions