My first installation - SMTP Virtual Server

My first installation - SMTP Virtual Server

Post by Rob Walke » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:58:54

I have a client that is going to host their own e-mail and I have been
elected to install Exchange 2000.  I have a registered domain name, a static
IP and a 1.5 MB T1 connection.

I have a question about the FQDN in Default SMTP Vertual Server Properties |
Delivery |
Advanced | Fully Qualified Domain Name.  Where does this FQDN
come from?

The registered domain is akagroup.com
The server name is 1400SC
The FQDN is os.akagroup.com on the Windows 2000 server
The server's FQDN is 1400sc.os.akagroup.com

What FQDN do I enter when I set up the SMTP Virtual Server?

Thanks

My first installation - SMTP Virtual Server

Post by Rob Walke » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:03:44

Thanks Boogie.  "They" tell me it should be whatever the MX record that  is
created. points to.  If I call it mail.akagroup.com (to be graceful), that
is fine provided that is what the MX record points to.

Thanks

Post by BOOGI » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:01:31

it shoud be the FQDN of the server where the SMTP VS is running...

> I have a client that is going to host their own e-mail and I have been
> elected to install Exchange 2000.  I have a registered domain name, a
static
> IP and a 1.5 MB T1 connection.

> I have a question about the FQDN in Default SMTP Vertual Server Properties
|
> Delivery |
> Advanced | Fully Qualified Domain Name.  Where does this FQDN
> come from?

> The registered domain is akagroup.com
> The server name is 1400SC
> The FQDN is os.akagroup.com on the Windows 2000 server
> The server's FQDN is 1400sc.os.akagroup.com

> What FQDN do I enter when I set up the SMTP Virtual Server?

> Thanks

1. My first installation - SMTP Virtual Server

I have a client that is going to host their own e-mail and I have been
elected to install Exchange 2000.  I have a registered domain name, a static
IP and a 1.5 MB T1 connection.

I have a question about the FQDN in Default SMTP Vertual Server Properties |
Delivery |
Advanced | Fully Qualified Domain Name.  Where does this FQDN
come from?

The registered domain is akagroup.com
The server name is 1400SC
The FQDN is os.akagroup.com on the Windows 2000 server
The server's FQDN is 1400sc.os.akagroup.com

What FQDN do I enter when I set up the SMTP Virtual Server?

Thanks

2. TCP/IP exam

3. SMTP Virtual Server: Forward all outgoing messages to SMTP server

4. Retreiving System Folders using CDOEX.

5. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server with different SMTP port does not work

6. Migrate Zmail to Outlook

7. Exchange 5.5 to 2000 Migration

8. No First Virtual Exchange 2000 Server in a 5.5 Site

9. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server Port 6000

10. Internet Mail Setup -- SMTP Virtual Servers / SMTP Connector

11. How to set SMTP connector and SMTP virtual server

12. SMTP Virtual Server VS SMTP Connector