Sorting out the GAL

Post by Lee Gilkiso » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:14:41

In the GAL I had a sort order that started out with:

ALL USERS
ALL DEPT1
ALL DEPT2
ALL DEPT3
ALL DEPT4

All Users got deleted and now starts at the normal A's at
the bottom of this list above.

Do you know how I move a group back to the top of the list?

Thank you,

Lee

1. Sorting the GAL

We have a need to sort certain persons at the top of the GAL as
displayed in Outlook when a person presses the To button.

In 5.5 we did this by simply adding spaces to the front of the name we
wanted at the top. This does not work in Exchange 2000 (possible
because we are hiding the Default GAL and only showing a subset) but
we can do it by using a character such as "(" before the name but this
looks odd to recipients of emails.

Is there a way to sort by some user-defined field or query that allows
us to sort in any order we want.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

John

2. Profile not configured when moving mailbox

3. GAL Sorting (CDO)

4. From Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

5. Sorting out the GAL

6. Outlook: create ms-word document with fields from ONE contact ??

7. GAL sort order - Q277717 Issue

8. IMC error 503, Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

9. Sorting the GAL...

10. GAL Sort order

11. sort by last name, change GAL columns

12. GAL sort by last, first name, with from email from First Last

13. Sort GAL by last name?