Error installing Exchange Administrator

Post by Akinola O. Ok » Tue, 09 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install Exchange Administrator on an NT Workstation client
connected to a SBS 4.5.  I want to use this to administer exchange from the
client instead of going each time to the Server room.  However, I am having
an error message that "This version of Microsoft Exchange requires the
Microsoft Small Business Server".

Is this a limitation attached with the exchange server that comes with SBS,
becuase I have seen in many exchange books that this is possbile.

Thanks,
akin

Error installing Exchange Administrator

Post by Akinola O. Ok » Tue, 09 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install Exchange Administrator on an NT Workstation client
connected to a SBS 4.5.  I want to use this to administer exchange from the
client instead of going each time to the Server room.  However, I am having
an error message that "This version of Microsoft Exchange requires the
Microsoft Small Business Server".

Is this a limitation attached with the exchange server that comes with SBS,
becuase I have seen in many exchange books that this is possbile.

Thanks,
akin

Error installing Exchange Administrator

Post by Jonathan Reise » Tue, 09 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to install Exchange Administrator on an NT Workstation
client
> connected to a SBS 4.5.  I want to use this to administer exchange
from the
> client instead of going each time to the Server room.  However, I am
having
> an error message that "This version of Microsoft Exchange requires the
> Microsoft Small Business Server".

> Is this a limitation attached with the exchange server that comes
with SBS,
> becuase I have seen in many exchange books that this is possbile.

> Thanks,
> akin

As a workaround, map a drive to the Exchsrvr share on the server.
Browse through the BIN directory on that drive, and drag a shortcut
to "Admin.exe" to your desktop.  Configure the shortcut to Start in the
\\admin$\system32 directory on the Exchange Server (so it will find
the .dll files right away).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Error installing Exchange Administrator

I am trying to install Exchange Administrator on an NT Workstation client
connected to a SBS 4.5.  I want to use this to administer exchange from the
client instead of going each time to the Server room.  However, I am having
an error message that "This version of Microsoft Exchange requires the
Microsoft Small Business Server".

Is this a limitation attached with the exchange server that comes with SBS,
becuase I have seen in many exchange books that this is possbile.

Thanks,
akin

2. Exchange Client and Working Offline

3. Domain Error Message when installing Administrator

4. Moving from one domain to another domain

5. Create NT Primary Account with Exchange 5.0 Administrator /Error 317/Error 2245

6. Help needed critcal!!! Job threatening.....!!!!!!!

7. Installing Exchange Administrator on a Win2000 Workstation

8. Information Store Doesn't reduce in size

9. Installing Exchange 5.5 administrator console to Windows 2000 Professional

10. Installing Administrator Utility for Exchange 5.5

11. install exchange administrator tool??

12. Installing Exchange Administrator On Windows 2000 Pro

13. How to install Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator Utility on another computer