Already objects in "Exchange System Objects" OU during domain prep?

Already objects in "Exchange System Objects" OU during domain prep?

Post by Gray » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:34:05

Hi everybody,
Just curious about something, I've trying to setup Ex2K at one of the
child domain of an already FOREST PREP'd AD forest. Having run domain
prep and looked at the AD console on that child domain's DC I noticed
that there were already some objects in the "Microsoft Exchange System
Objects" container. The icon for all listed SystemMailbox were with a
red "X" on it. What does this mean? Is this a bad bad thing to happen?

Please help.

Newbie.

1. "object variable not set" error

OK, any ideas on why the code snippet included is throwing this error?  I've
tried to track the server processing as closely as I can by .Write-ing
everything, and it gets through the login successfully, and I made sure
there were messages in the Inbox for it to read...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005b'

Object variable not set

/portal/_ssi/inboxAccess.inc, line 30

strMachineName = "mailservername"
strMailbox = Session("userInfo")("userID")  'DEFINED IN THE GLOBAL.ASA FILE
AS A SCRIPTING DICTIONARY
Set objCurSession = Server.CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
strProfileString = strMachineName & vbLf & strMailbox
objCurSession.Logon , , False, True, 0, True, strProfileString
Response.Write "Logon successful.<br>" 'JUST TO TEST HOW FAR ALONG THE CODE
GETS...
Set Session("CurSession") = objCurSession
Set objFolder = objCurSession.GetDefaultFolder(CdoDefaultFolderInbox)
Set objMsg = objFolder.Messages.GetFirst

While objMsg Is Not Nothing 'THIS IS THE LINE THE ERROR IS REFERRING TO, BUT
objMsg IS SET ABOVE...
     Response.Write "Subject: " & objMsg.Subject & "<br>"
     Response.Write "Sender: " & objMsg.Sender & "<br>"
     Set objMsg = objFolder.Messages.GetNext
Wend

2. Can not connect to news server, e-mail does not funciton

3. Opinion about "Routing Objects"

4. Backup Retore error from SLR Tape Drive

5. "Object not found" error

6. IMC

7. OLE object lost after "resend"

8. Reverse DNS problem with sending mail to AOL

9. Missing "Directory Replication" object

10. "Object not found" error

11. reading object "mailboxrights" in DACL/DACE

12. Outlook Web Access "Object Moved"

13. "Object not found" error