SMTP Mail

Post by Paul » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 05:32:55

I have just installed Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 on a W2K
Server. I have installed the Internet Mail Service.  When
I send an email to a receipient such as

Your message

  Subject: test
  Sent:    Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:19:33 -0400

2003 16:20:08 -0400

I am unsure of why it is changing the domain name to
include the computerhost name of the Exchange Server.
Also, if I telnet to the exchange server it does show
computerhostname.domain.com.  If I add an additional e-
mail address stating

the message, however this is not preferable.  Thanks in
advance for any help.

Cheers,

Paul

1. How to Configure the IIS 5 SMTP Service to Relay SMTP Mail

Hi,

I am using IIS 5 and try to configure the IIS 5 SMTP
Service to Relay SMTP Mail.

I have a a internal intranet and usiing frontpage to
design the page. I want to be able to send email via the

require the SMTP condifured on the IIS 5.0.

Some help is need to configure the SMTP on the IIS 5.0 or
any instructions will be helpfull.

Many thanks

Biguf8

2. How to simplify Exchange stats collection

3. Can send SMTP out, but can't get SMTP Mail In

4. Replacing exchange server

5. SMTP: Re-routing SMTP mail

6. Distribution Lists

7. Relay SMTP Mails to different SMTP Adress

8. Creating Folder Views

9. After upgrading exchange 5.0 to 55, smtp mail not working for some smtp addresses

10. Restricting Sending Of SMTP Mail But Allow Incoming SMTP

11. Blank e-mail body in SMTP mails

12. cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

13. Restricted inbound SMTP mail to Exchange 5.5 mailing lists