Help!!! Restore after crash.

Post by yjs.. » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:44:35

Dear there,
Our Exchange 5.5 mail server crashed. We only back up the Public,
Private Information Store and Directory databases. Is it possible to
restore these databases to a fresh installed Exchange 5.5 mail server
with the same Organization, Site and Server name???
Please help. Any opinion is appreciated.
Thanks.
EricH

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Help!!! Restore after crash.

Post by Mark Arnol » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:56:48

That's the essence of an offline backup and restore. (I take it that the box
wasn't the only DC that went down ? If it was you're in for a bit more
dificulty that not)
Ensure you read the Disaster Recover White Papers on the MS site before you
go headlong into restoring stuff.

--
Mark Arnold,MCSE

> Dear there,
> Our Exchange 5.5 mail server crashed. We only back up the Public,
> Private Information Store and Directory databases. Is it possible to
> restore these databases to a fresh installed Exchange 5.5 mail server
> with the same Organization, Site and Server name???
> Please help. Any opinion is appreciated.
> Thanks.
> EricH

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Help!!! Restore after crash.

Post by Vincent Pha » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 18:18:37

It's possible to bring that Exchange server backup with those 3 databases
(assume those are off line backup), You can also call MS Support/PPI, they
will help you out.

--

- Vincent Phan

> Dear there,
> Our Exchange 5.5 mail server crashed. We only back up the Public,
> Private Information Store and Directory databases. Is it possible to
> restore these databases to a fresh installed Exchange 5.5 mail server
> with the same Organization, Site and Server name???
> Please help. Any opinion is appreciated.
> Thanks.
> EricH

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Help!!! Restore after crash.

Post by Mark Arnol » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 21:21:40

Only after cash has changed hands, M$ have told you to read the DR
instructions and that the software was in a supported manner on supported
hardware. Have I missed anything here lads ?

--
Mark Arnold,MCSE

> It's possible to bring that Exchange server backup with those 3 databases
> (assume those are off line backup), You can also call MS Support/PPI, they
> will help you out.

> --

> - Vincent Phan

> > Dear there,
> > Our Exchange 5.5 mail server crashed. We only back up the Public,
> > Private Information Store and Directory databases. Is it possible to
> > restore these databases to a fresh installed Exchange 5.5 mail server
> > with the same Organization, Site and Server name???
> > Please help. Any opinion is appreciated.
> > Thanks.
> > EricH

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

1. Help!!! Restore after crash.

Dear there,

Our Exchange 5.5 mail server crashed. I do'nt know wheather it the
problem of OS or Exchange server. We only back up the Private and Public
Information Store and Directory database. Is it possible to restore
these data to a fresh installed Exchange 5.5 Server? Please help.
Any opinion is appreciated.

EricH

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Admin Delegation

3. Help help- restore public folders after crash

4. Help with Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0

5. 5.5 crashed, new server is 2000...Need help restoring email

6. MSExgange performance objects are missing

7. URGENT:exchange crash need some help restoring

8. Exchange setup problem

9. Help!!! Need to restore messages after CRASH

10. Exchange crashed, help on restore

11. HELP with System Crash Restore

12. Need Help in Restoring Public Folders after server crash

13. Help!!! Need to restore messages after CRASH