Direct Reports

Post by Zoom » Mon, 20 Nov 2000 04:00:00

On the Organization tab of users' malboxes there is a tab to specify a
manager and direct reports.  What exactly does the direct reports option
mean?>

Direct Reports

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 20 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>On the Organization tab of users' malboxes there is a tab to specify a
>manager and direct reports.  What exactly does the direct reports option
>mean?>

The same thing it means in any organizational chart: the people that
report directly to you.

If you look at the properties of an object named as a "direct report"
you'll see a "back link" to the "Manager" (the object to which this
object directly reports).

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Direct Reports

Post by Mark Arnol » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:56:02

I used to think that the phrase "direct reports" was just another daft AT&T
phrase for "staff". Then I found out it was just another daft American
phrase for "staff".
--
Mark Arnold,MCSE

Quote:> On the Organization tab of users' malboxes there is a tab to specify a
> manager and direct reports.  What exactly does the direct reports option
> mean?>

1. Setting Direct Reports

I am programmatically creating Exchange mailboxes through LDAP. Everything
works fine, including setting the manager. But when I try to set the Direct
Reports, it reports no error, but does not save the direct reports. I have
tried the following code:

If m_colReports.Count > 0 Then
        ReDim sReports(m_colReports.Count - 1)
        For i = 1 To m_colReports.Count
                    sReports(i - 1) = "cn=" & m_colReports.Item(i) &
",cn=Recipients,ou=" & m_sSite & ",o=" &                     m_sOrganization
        Next
    objMailbox.PutEx 2, "reports", (sReports)
    End If
objMailbox.SetInfo

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Using dotted quad addresses with Exchange, revisited

3. Direct Reports collection

4. OLE DB provider for Exchange Server

5. Import Problem - Direct Reports

6. Urgent! Priv.edb size grows abnormally

7. Organization, Direct reports and Manager

8. Install problems

9. Import Problem - Direct Reports

10. Manager and Direct Reports

11. Import Problem - Direct Reports

12. SMTP report for Crystal reports

13. crystal report for exchange & wrong reported hours