Outlook Web Access - linking direct to a public folder

Outlook Web Access - linking direct to a public folder

Post by Tim Clark » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

We have discussion folders on our Exchange server. We have Outlook Web
Access installed and working.

How can we link from a web page (on our intranet) directly into the
discussion folder? I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere that you can do <a
href="outlook://public folders/.....> in an HTML page, but I can't find any
documentation on this.

Any ideas gratefully received,

Tim

Outlook Web Access - linking direct to a public folder

Post by Chris Burnha » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Tim, you can find this information by checking out KB article Q179681 "OL98:
Using Hyperlinks to Access Outlook Folders and Items" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/6/81.asp

Regards,
                               Chris Burnham

>We have discussion folders on our Exchange server. We have Outlook Web
>Access installed and working.

>How can we link from a web page (on our intranet) directly into the
>discussion folder? I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere that you can do <a
>href="outlook://public folders/.....> in an HTML page, but I can't find any
>documentation on this.

>Any ideas gratefully received,

>Tim

1. Outlook Web Access direct to Public Folders

I'm trying to create a virtual directory on my IIS 3.0 web server that will
let users go directly to anon public folders instead of going through the
Outlook logon screen.  I created an additional entry called \news and
pointed it to c:\exchsrvr\webdata\usa\anon but when I try to go to
http:\\mydomain.com\news, I get an error 404.

I know I can create a link on my main web page to
http:\\mydomain.com\exchange\anon, but is there a way to accomplish what I'm
trying to do?

Thanks,

Dan Palley
TRAMS, Inc

2. IM Setup failure

3. An Outlook URL that links from Web page to Public Folder

4. Editing Email Bounce message (can it be done?)

5. OWA web access - clicking Public access link produces this error

6. Exchange Clients connected via a 19,2 kbps link, they work?????/

7. How to disable Public Folder Access from Outlook Web Access

8. Custom Recipient Greyed out

9. Anon access public folders from outlook web access?

10. Outlook Web Access - Multiple Public Folder Access

11. accessing public folders through outlook web access through the Internet

12. Accessing an Appointment Public Folder using Outlook Web access

13. Access linked table to Exchange folder (trying to get contacts onto the web)