Microsoft Fax doesn't work with Outlook/Exchange Server

Microsoft Fax doesn't work with Outlook/Exchange Server

Post by CIWM » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I've tried the Knowledge Base article Q160746 with no luck.  Fax works
great UNTIL I configure my Outlook Profile with Exchange Server Service,
Fax Service and Personal Address Book selected then just like magic the Fax
stops working!!!!

Please Help.......I just about ready to "Pull my hair out" on this one.  My
manager wants the Windows 95 Fax  to work for all of our 425 workstations.
We have Windows 95/Office 97/ Outlook on the workstation with our mailboxes
migrated to Exchange Server 4.0 Service Pack 3.

Nancy Grimes
CIWMB Mail Administrator

Microsoft Fax doesn't work with Outlook/Exchange Server

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Check the delivery order (Tools | Options | Delivery) and make sure that
Microsoft Fax comes first.
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange

> I've tried the Knowledge Base article Q160746 with no luck.  Fax works
> great UNTIL I configure my Outlook Profile with Exchange Server Service,
> Fax Service and Personal Address Book selected then just like magic the
Fax
> stops working!!!!

> Please Help.......I just about ready to "Pull my hair out" on this one.
My
> manager wants the Windows 95 Fax  to work for all of our 425
workstations.
> We have Windows 95/Office 97/ Outlook on the workstation with our
mailboxes
> migrated to Exchange Server 4.0 Service Pack 3.

> Nancy Grimes
> CIWMB Mail Administrator

Microsoft Fax doesn't work with Outlook/Exchange Server

Post by CIWM » Sat, 12 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Sue,

When I check the delivery order (Tools | Services | Delivery) Microsoft Fax
Transport is first!  Then when I try to send a Fax I get an error "Could
not schedule Fax for transmission".

Thanks,
Nancy