Time stamp on e-mail

Post by Dwight Mendoz » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 05:07:02

We're running MS Exchange 5.0 server and MS Outlook 2000
clients.  The "sent" and "received" time stamp on e-mail
is always identical, which is very annoying and could even
have legal ramifications.  Does anyone know how to set up
Exchange/Outlook so that the "sent" time will actually be
the time the mail was sent from the originator and
the "received" time will be the time it was pulled up in
Outlook?  Thanks a bunch.

Dwight

Time stamp on e-mail

Post by Jim Schwart » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 10:18:36

Sent time is based on when the message was sent. The receive time is based
on when the message was delivered, not when it was read.

I'm not sure what your issue is here. If your sent and receive is the same,
you could just be having great mail delivery times.

P.S. It's well past time to move off of Exchange 5.0

Quote:> We're running MS Exchange 5.0 server and MS Outlook 2000