Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange 5.5 Newsfeed

Post by Stephen D. Olive » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Subject: Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange Newsfeed
Date: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 7:35 PM

Hi all:
Does anyone know how to configure Exchange/Outlook so that the Newsfeed I
configure on Exchange fills the Internet Newsgroups Folder within each
client's Outlook 2000?
At present I can see the folders, but when you click on them, nothing shows
up.  There are no message headers whatsoever. I have checked "Enable
Newsfeed" in Exchange Admin. but nothing shows up.
What is this folder for ANYWAYS <lol>?

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question.  I'm not sure
if it falls in the Exchange or Outlook side and even then, WHERE in either.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen D. Oliver

Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange 5.5 Newsfeed

Post by Ted Wallinfor » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I want to know how to do this too! :)

> Subject: Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange Newsfeed
> Date: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 7:35 PM

> Hi all:
> Does anyone know how to configure Exchange/Outlook so that the Newsfeed I
> configure on Exchange fills the Internet Newsgroups Folder within each
> client's Outlook 2000?
> At present I can see the folders, but when you click on them, nothing shows
> up.  There are no message headers whatsoever. I have checked "Enable
> Newsfeed" in Exchange Admin. but nothing shows up.
> What is this folder for ANYWAYS <lol>?

> I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question.  I'm not sure
> if it falls in the Exchange or Outlook side and even then, WHERE in either.

> Thanks in advance!

> Stephen D. Oliver

Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange 5.5 Newsfeed

Post by Lenard Thompso » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am having the same problem, I tried this in exchange 5.5 and exchange2000
and I can not get it to work, anyone have a clue. details please

Tony

> I want to know how to do this too! :)

> > Subject: Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange Newsfeed
> > Date: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 7:35 PM

> > Hi all:
> > Does anyone know how to configure Exchange/Outlook so that the Newsfeed
> > configure on Exchange fills the Internet Newsgroups Folder within each
> > client's Outlook 2000?
> > At present I can see the folders, but when you click on them, nothing
shows
> > up.  There are no message headers whatsoever. I have checked "Enable
> > Newsfeed" in Exchange Admin. but nothing shows up.
> > What is this folder for ANYWAYS <lol>?

> > I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question.  I'm not
sure
> > if it falls in the Exchange or Outlook side and even then, WHERE in
either.

> > Thanks in advance!

> > Stephen D. Oliver

Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange 5.5 Newsfeed

Post by KAS » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

As am I.  Does anyone know for certain if msnews.microsoft.com supports the
NEWNEWS command?  That seems to be the common answer to this problem though
I'd be surprised to find out if Microsoft's newserver doesn't.

> I am having the same problem, I tried this in exchange 5.5 and
exchange2000
> and I can not get it to work, anyone have a clue. details please

> Tony

> > I want to know how to do this too! :)

> > > Subject: Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange
Newsfeed
> > > Date: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 7:35 PM

> > > Hi all:
> > > Does anyone know how to configure Exchange/Outlook so that the
Newsfeed
> > > configure on Exchange fills the Internet Newsgroups Folder within each
> > > client's Outlook 2000?
> > > At present I can see the folders, but when you click on them, nothing
> shows
> > > up.  There are no message headers whatsoever. I have checked "Enable
> > > Newsfeed" in Exchange Admin. but nothing shows up.
> > > What is this folder for ANYWAYS <lol>?

> > > I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question.  I'm not
> sure
> > > if it falls in the Exchange or Outlook side and even then, WHERE in
> either.

> > > Thanks in advance!

> > > Stephen D. Oliver

Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange 5.5 Newsfeed

Post by Ryan Finnese » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Yes it does support newsnews because I have a news feed setup with it
now.

Ryan,

Posted At: Thursday, January 13, 2000 1:42 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.exchange.misc
Conversation: Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange 5.5
Newsfeed
Subject: Re: Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange 5.5
Newsfeed

As am I.  Does anyone know for certain if msnews.microsoft.com supports
the
NEWNEWS command?  That seems to be the common answer to this problem
though
I'd be surprised to find out if Microsoft's newserver doesn't.

> I am having the same problem, I tried this in exchange 5.5 and
exchange2000
> and I can not get it to work, anyone have a clue. details please

> Tony

> > I want to know how to do this too! :)

> > > Subject: Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange
Newsfeed
> > > Date: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 7:35 PM

> > > Hi all:
> > > Does anyone know how to configure Exchange/Outlook so that the
Newsfeed
> > > configure on Exchange fills the Internet Newsgroups Folder within
each
> > > client's Outlook 2000?
> > > At present I can see the folders, but when you click on them,
nothing
> shows
> > > up.  There are no message headers whatsoever. I have checked
"Enable
> > > Newsfeed" in Exchange Admin. but nothing shows up.
> > > What is this folder for ANYWAYS <lol>?

> > > I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question.  I'm
not
> sure
> > > if it falls in the Exchange or Outlook side and even then, WHERE
in
> either.

> > > Thanks in advance!

> > > Stephen D. Oliver

Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder and Exchange 5.5 Newsfeed

Post by KAS » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How do you have it setup?  I have Exchanged configured to pull from msnews
but when I check the public folders in Outlook I only see the newsgroup
names.  No messages are downloaded.

> Yes it does support newsnews because I have a news feed setup with it
> now.

> Ryan,

1. Using Outlook 2000's Internet Newsgroups Folder with Exchange 5.5

It's for you to configure and select which Newsgroups you want to subscribe
to. If I understand you correctly, you have not subscribed to any
newsgroups?

Until you configure the server and select which newsgroups you want to
receive, the folders will be empty.

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

Exchange FAQ at   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
                               http://www.exchangefaq.org

NOTE: Only posts to the newsgroups will be answered.

2. How can I move mailboxes?

3. Folders under Internet Newsgroups which aren't newsgroups

4. How do you clean up address lists for Exchange clients

5. Outlook 2000 doesn't connect to Exchange 2000 thru Internet

6. Can't Add Internet Mail Service to Exchange in Win98

7. 56.6 MODEM FREE

8. WARNING: Using microsoft technical support (Exchange 5.5 Internet Newsgroups Folder problem)

9. Help please: Erro Posting to a Exchange 5.5 Public Folder set up as a Internet Newsgroup

10. Newsfeed / Newsgroup setup in exchange server 5.5