Multiple templates/different languages on Exchange 5.0

Multiple templates/different languages on Exchange 5.0

Post by Bart Lismon » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

L.S.,

I have a problem with an Exchange Server 5.0 sp1 running on an NT server
4.0 sp3.
Our clients are a mix of English/USA, Dutch(standard) and Dutch(Belgian)
Exchange and Outlook, running on the respective same language Windows95.

The problem is that only the English clients are able to view properties
for recipients in the address book. The other clients get an error stating
that the Exchange server is not configured to provide Dutch templates.

So, I first added the Dutch server locales and restarted the server, but
that didn't suffice. Then, I tried to add the Dutch templates, but there
seemed to be no means of doing so.
Since then, I searched the books online, Technet, the Knowledge Base, etc.
but there is no clear decription of my problem, nor of a solution for it.

If there is anyone who has experienced this problem before or who knows of
a solution, please post a reply.

In addition, I would greatly appreciate it, if you could also mail the
reply to the following address:

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

Bart Lismont
System Engineer
Orda-B
Belgium

Multiple templates/different languages on Exchange 5.0

Post by Dave Turle » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

You need to import a language templates to your server for each different
language client you will use.

This is done from the Admin program as follows;

Select Tools, Import then;

Change the import path to be the path to the following file on the Exchange
server CD of the required language;

\setup\ i386\tpl\<country>\template.csv

i.e. d:\setup\i386\tpl\frn\template.csv for the French templates.

>L.S.,

>I have a problem with an Exchange Server 5.0 sp1 running on an NT server
>4.0 sp3.
>Our clients are a mix of English/USA, Dutch(standard) and Dutch(Belgian)
>Exchange and Outlook, running on the respective same language Windows95.

>The problem is that only the English clients are able to view properties
>for recipients in the address book. The other clients get an error stating
>that the Exchange server is not configured to provide Dutch templates.

>So, I first added the Dutch server locales and restarted the server, but
>that didn't suffice. Then, I tried to add the Dutch templates, but there
>seemed to be no means of doing so.
>Since then, I searched the books online, Technet, the Knowledge Base, etc.
>but there is no clear decription of my problem, nor of a solution for it.

>If there is anyone who has experienced this problem before or who knows of
>a solution, please post a reply.

>In addition, I would greatly appreciate it, if you could also mail the
>reply to the following address:

>Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

>Bart Lismont
>System Engineer
>Orda-B
>Belgium

1. Multiple templates/different languages on Exchange 5.0

[...]

2. Moving contents of mailboxes from 5.5 to 2000

3. POP3 Access

4. Exchange 5 Client Availability

5. Language templates on Exchange Server 5.0

6. Immortal post

7. Different language templates change folder names

8. template.csv for Japanese Language support for English Exchange

9. language templates for Exchange 5.5

10. German language template for Exchange 5.5 please?

11. Exchange language templates