How do we stop spam?

Post by Pete B » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:50:18

Hi there,
as a company we receive a great deal of spam. Can anybody offer me any
advice on stopping it or drastically reducing it?

We are running Exchange server 5.5 (several of them) and SMTP on unix
machines.

Outlook 2000 has a feature to block spam but this is useless.

What do other people do about the problem? All comments welcome.

Thanks
Pete B.

How do we stop spam?

Post by JP Breto » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:51:00

u can't

Quote:> Hi there,
> as a company we receive a great deal of spam. Can anybody offer me any
> advice on stopping it or drastically reducing it?

> We are running Exchange server 5.5 (several of them) and SMTP on unix
> machines.

> Outlook 2000 has a feature to block spam but this is useless.

> What do other people do about the problem? All comments welcome.

> Thanks
> Pete B.

How do we stop spam?

Post by Shogh » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:24:39

may be try blocking the offending domains

Quote:> Hi there,
> as a company we receive a great deal of spam. Can anybody offer me any
> advice on stopping it or drastically reducing it?

> We are running Exchange server 5.5 (several of them) and SMTP on unix
> machines.

> Outlook 2000 has a feature to block spam but this is useless.

> What do other people do about the problem? All comments welcome.

> Thanks
> Pete B.

1. Stopping Spam w/o Stopping Mail Relay

I would like to configure MS Exchange Server 5.5 so that I can relay
mail through the server if the sender is a valid MS Exchange User. In
sendmail this would be equivalent to doing a check_rcpt. Checking the
ip address of the sender is not sufficient because some of the users
travel and have dynamic ip addresses.

Please cc me on any responses.

Thanks,

Rob Hill

2. Exchange Notification of inbound mail Failure

3. How To Stop The SPAM Frenzy?

4. Shared Calendar

5. $$$ MAKE MONEY $$$ SPAM SPAM SPAM

6. Help, Moving mailbox folders?

7. How can i stop Spam

8. HELP - Global address book

9. Stopping Spam Server Sice

10. How to Stop Spam Mail Messages from Using Relay in Exchange 2000

11. How to stop SPAM?

12. Stopping spam using bogus email addresses from our domain

13. STOP SPAM