Mailbox size limit exceded

Post by Ansar Mohidee » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

We are not using any journal entries and also I have deleted all the item in
the Deleted Items. Infact I have deleted all the items in the entire mailbox
but it gives the same exceed size limit error. Now I am using PST. but the
point is we want to make users to keep their mails in the server.

Advice

Mailbox size limit exceded

Post by Genuit » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

You are sure every folder is empty?  You have removed all message from sent
items, deleted items, inbox, and journal.  I would check the administrator
program and see what size is being reported on the server.  Open the site
container, the server container, and private information store, mailbox
resources and you will see the total K and number of items in the right hand
pane.

Marc Weiss

Quote:> We are not using any journal entries and also I have deleted all the item
in
> the Deleted Items. Infact I have deleted all the items in the entire
mailbox
> but it gives the same exceed size limit error. Now I am using PST. but the
> point is we want to make users to keep their mails in the server.

> Advice

Mailbox size limit exceded

Post by Jaso » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

As a reminder...all calendar and contacts count against your space also.

-Jason

>You are sure every folder is empty?  You have removed all message from sent
>items, deleted items, inbox, and journal.  I would check the administrator
>program and see what size is being reported on the server.  Open the site
>container, the server container, and private information store, mailbox
>resources and you will see the total K and number of items in the right
hand
>pane.

>Marc Weiss

>> We are not using any journal entries and also I have deleted all the item
>in
>> the Deleted Items. Infact I have deleted all the items in the entire
>mailbox
>> but it gives the same exceed size limit error. Now I am using PST. but
the
>> point is we want to make users to keep their mails in the server.

>> Advice

1. Getting e-mail from System Admin about exceding public stored mailbox size

I am running Exchange 5.5 and one of my users for the last 3 days has been
getting an e-mail from the System Administrator account stating that he is
over the public stored mailbox limit size which we set to 128MB.  If you go
to his machine and check his folder size, it only lists it as 103MB.  I
already checked his account and it is set to use Public Stored information.
Anyone have any ideas what would cause this??  Also, if anyone has any
questions pertaining to this just post it here and I will try to answer them
as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

2. Roaming Outlook users and autosignature

3. How2: Limit mailbox size - a workable limit ?

4. Tasks In Outlook 97

5. Warning Mesej from administrator about storage limit (Your mailbox is over its size limit)

6. Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

7. mailbox over its size limit is showing wrong limit value

8. installing SP2 via WTS

9. Exchange 5.5 Information store size/Mailbox size limits

10. MailBox Storage Shows Incorrect Size -- ( MailBox Limit )

11. Mailbox size limits to SHUT DOWN mailbox

12. Exchange Mailbox Size Limit problem