Ran eseutil /p and now I have big problems

Ran eseutil /p and now I have big problems

Post by LouLo » Tue, 02 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Over the weekend I ran eseutil on both my priv.edb and pub.edb.  The
priv.edb was showing as corrupted so I ran eseutil /p on the database.  Now
this morning my users can't access their attachments.
Someone...anyone...please help!

Ran eseutil /p and now I have big problems

Post by Stuart » Tue, 02 Jun 1998 04:00:00

You must run isinteg -pri & -pub -fix each time you run eseutil /p

Why?

eseutil is a low level utility which fixes jet level problems....
attachments are addressed using pointers which are maintained at store
level, these can be completed confused by information which is ripped out at
jet level by eseutil. isinteg will fix these pointers as well as it can (and
hopefully removed attachment icons for attachments which no longer
exist)..... NB if eseutil /p has ripped out the pages containing these
attachments then obviously there is nothing you can do.... other than
restore..