Sudden problems viewing Outlook Contacts in address book view

Sudden problems viewing Outlook Contacts in address book view

Post by Per Bratteru » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 19:37:21

One user recently experienced that his Outlook Contacts (in exchange 5.5
account) no longer show up in addressbook view. The users Contacts folder
was huge (>5mb in bakcup size, but folder size 1021kb in folder size in
Oulook 2000).
It seem like his Contacts has corrupted, as it fuctions OK as a Contacts
folder, and as one can copy or move all addresses to a new folder with
contacts and make all of them show up in Adress Book view.
I have also tried to restore from Backup Exec Mailbox backup from dates
prior to this problem, but it seem to be stuck in the particular Contacts
folder.
Also completely emptying Contacts and adding one new item doesn't give any
view.
Also copys of the Contacts have the same failure. And these vill not show up
even for other users.

Anyone have advice on how to solve this?? Or experienced the same??

Per Bratterud

Post by Per Bratteru » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 19:40:58

[...]

1. Using Outlook Contacts as Address Book in Address Book View

Hello

I have the following Problem
After Installing the Outlook Addressbook Service the flag in the outlook
Contact Folder should automatically be set to ensure that this folder is
used as Address book.

This is needed for a complete unattended  installation of Outlook

--
_______________________________________
Egbert Albert

Tel     : +49 711 77075 31
FAX   : +49 711 77936 31
Mobil : 0172 7208265

2. IMS NDR

3. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

4. How to find incoming email routing

5. How to add address book view with a customized sorted view

6. How can I access my Exchange Server 5.5 from SQL 7.0?

7. Outlook/Exchange: view other Mailbox folders in activities view for public folder contacts

8. "MOVE" Exchange installation to a new server

9. view contact in address book as a mail

10. Adding a shared contact list to Address Book (View)

11. Contacts missing from address book view

12. Contacts Public Folder View as an Address Book

13. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book